|Job Type:||Full Time|
Vaultex are a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC. We are doing well and are the UK’s leading cash processing company, processing around £160 billion bank notes and coins per year on behalf of our shareholders and their customers. The note inflow we process, if laid end-to-end, would stretch to the moon and back!
This role supports the Head of IT Security in ensuring that Vaultex IT development and cloud services are delivered in a manner which supports the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data, whilst complying with good practice principles, regulatory requirements and the shareholders’ requirements.
The Cloud Security Specialist performs monitoring of cloud service usage, compliance with cloud security policies, offers specialist support and guidance to the development cells and carries out technical assessments of the cloud environment. The role will be responsible for supporting the build and/or evaluation of various cloud based services.
The role will work with Application Development, Operations, and other stakeholders to ensure a consistent approach to cloud services.
Benefits of working at Vaultex
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Gold Status and have a great range of benefits to suit all. Some of these include:
- Career Development Opportunities and structured training and on-boarding
- Competitive salaries and regular pay reviews
- Opportunity to work remotely
- A generous company pension (employees auto enrolled at 4% with 10% employer contribution)
- 25 days holidays with the option to purchase more
- A performance based bonus scheme of up to 20% of salary
- Lots of discounts on our Vaultextra page for various retailers – cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Gym memberships, free eye tests and many more.
- Free Employee Assistance programme – free and independent service should our employees require professional, confidential and impartial advice for legal and counselling.
What you will be getting involved with:
This is a exciting new role and function. And you will have responsibility to really shape the future of the cloud infrastructure! Other responsibilities include:
- Design and development of the cloud security control infrastructure and complete cloud security risk assessments.
- Ensure appropriate security tooling is implemented, and that security policies and control are in place.
- Serve as a technical resource with cross-functional teams advising and assisting with the design and implementation of cloud/cloud-security.
- Perform proactive monitoring of cloud services.
- Measure compliance with IT security policies and maintain industry leading security standards across the whole IT estate.
- Perform security assessments including vulnerability and application testing across all cloud based services.
- Liaise with business functions and stakeholders with an emphasis on clear communication both internally and externally, and maintenance of metrics / scorecards for security performance.
- Drive & Support the ongoing Security Awareness Programme, promoting awareness of applicable polices and standards, and drive the co-ordination of remediation activities.
- Provide second / third level support on IT Security incidents
- Provide guidance and support to development cells ensuring that new and existing services are developed in line with a secure code mentality and best practise.
- Drive the embedding of security within the continuous integration/improvement pipeline and support Agile/DevOps execution in a secure manner.
- Maintain an ongoing assessment of emerging cloud threats and vulnerabilities recommending enhancements/improvements/innovation where necessary.
- Support the technology architecture function in the development of security patterns.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the develop security standards and coding guidelines.
Skills required (please still apply if you don’t meet the criteria for all)
- Strong IT Security knowledge and understanding of IT risks, controls and mitigation techniques.
- Background in cloud computing, certification in Azure & Azure DevOps technologies is desirable.
- Good communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Expertise with vulnerability scanning techniques
- Experience in designing cloud security monitoring solutions.
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes
- Understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Vulnerability detection and remediation.
- Stakeholder management.
- Experience with development teams and embedding of security tooling within.
- Good problem solver and willing to work at a low level of detail where required.
- Ability to carefully gather and analyze information, and pinpoint issues in complex information
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all member of the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.
Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!