|Location:||Argyll and Bute|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We - the Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are looking to recruit a Clerk of Works to be part of an integral team delivering a multi-million pound project in the defence industry. This role will be based at HMNB Clyde, Faslane.
* Controls the technical and commercial administration of each subcontract with support as required from the Construction Manager and Project Services Groups
* Liaises, via Construction Manager/Engineer with the engineering group to ensure that information is received on site to comply with the programme
* Complies with all applicable statutory, legal and specific Client requirements and is involved in the preparation of construction safety plans. Ensures that all site construction methods and procedures are safe and adequate in all respect
* Inputs to plans both for construction and commissioning phases and is responsible for ensuring that all activities proceed in accordance with agreed plans
* Prepares and submits Progress Reports
* Liaise as necessary on matters of quality, progress and safety with the Client's Representative(s)
* Monitors Subcontractors' compliance with their own project quality plan and programmes
* Ensures that the work is accepted by the Client's Representative(s) and manager or assists, as necessary, with the commissioning of and handover of the plant
* Ensure that the Company's contractual responsibilities for Plant construction in the field are properly and efficiently discharged
* Ensure that the company's construction methods, procedures and practices are in all respects, particularly those relating to quality assurance, safety, personnel and industrial relations, properly complied with
* Ensure that Company policies are properly adhered to in area of responsibility and that changes or additions to such policies are communicated to staff and correctly implemented
* Ensure project is constructed to drawing, specification applicable standards, and good construction practices
* Ensure Company's and Client's Industrial Relations policies are followed and that all labour is employed in accordance with the appropriate agreements
* Co-ordinate and negotiate with Clients construction representative in accord with contract requirements
* Maintain corporate disciplines
* Knowledge and Experience of NEC4 Contracts
* HNC/HND in Construction, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* Knowledge and Experience of CDM 2015 Regulations
* Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer
* MSc or BSc.in Relevant Engineering Discipline
* Member of Institute of Clerks of Work and Construction Inspectorate (ICWCI)
Candidates must be eligible to apply for and obtain security clearance. Due to Security Clearance reasons candidates must be a British national.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.