|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Lift London is home to a growing collective of world-class software engineers, designers and creative technologists.
- The studio is a global centre of excellence in designing and developing the future of how people interact with Microsoft’s services and devices
- Currently part of several key new initiatives for Microsoft’s future; Lift is shaping the next generation of Assistant experiences
- We embrace agile development techniques and believe in continuously delivering and improving our products though data, feedback and creative risk.
- Empowerment is key to our belief in people; we share goals and expect excellence in return.
- Work with creative teams to establish and implement requirements for content generation
- Drive the delivery of excellent quality software through all aspects of development
- Plan the projects, own, the backlog, track the bugs and report about progress on the projects
- Identify multi-product/service dependency issues and scheduling priorities, and establishes milestone exit criteria
- Translate between an agile team and a milestone driven multi-project program
- Drive collaboration across teams and ensures that people with the right expertise are involved. Find ways to accomplish more by enabling others
- Improve systems to manage product feedback from customers and resolve issues.
- Understand data driven development and how this can be used to drive quality and prioritize development
- Consistently contribute key ideas to the vision that appeal to the customer’s sense of style, fun, and aesthetics as well as their functional needs
- Embody the studio’s Engineering Principles
- Be flexible and able to adapt to new challenges
- Challenge engineering team to be better and more predictable
- Proven experience shipping successful apps on various platforms
- Understanding and good working knowledge of task management systems (e.g. TFS, VSO…)
- Experience communicating with remote teams and stakeholders
- Experience with Mobile, Windows and .Net
- Ability to drive tasks to completion in a timely manner, achieving compromises with other disciplines as required to hit deadlines
- A very personable and ‘can-do’ attitude. Excellent at communicating with non-programmers and programmers to gather end-user requirements
- Very strong problem-solving skills – ability to think outside the box
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outgoing and pro-active personality who thrives on getting the best out of a team
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and to a tight deadline
- Self-motivated with a drive for excellence
BSc, BEng, or MS in Computer Science
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.