|Job Type:||Full Time|
Manage and execute our critical payment processes
At GoCardless we’re looking to scale from processing £10 billion a year to over £20 billion. Our vision is to create a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you're in or what software you are using.
Tens of thousands of businesses across the UK and beyond rely on us to handle their payments, and hundreds more sign up every week. As we look to the future, those businesses will be larger, more demanding, and present in multiple countries - and so will we.
We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop ambitious people that share our desire to produce work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and there will be significant scope for you to develop and expand your role as our team continues its rapid growth.
About the team
The Payment Operations team is crucial to GoCardless’ global payment processing. We are responsible for ensuring GoCardless’ customers are paid on time, every time, anywhere in the world. Working alongside our Engineering and Product Management team, we are building a world class payment operation and need your help to get there.
About the role
We’re looking for a dedicated individual to join our Payment Operations team. Your primary tasks will be split between the day to day payment processing and reconciling payments.
Payment processing is the core part of GoCardless that makes sure money gets from A to B every day. Customers rely on us to process their payments correctly, so it’s vital that you can ensure timely, accurate and compliant payment processing and take care of any manual interventions required.
Reconciliation of our payments is equally crucial in making sure that our customers have received their funds correctly, that we can account for every penny and that the money is in the right bank account. To be successful in this role you must be laser-focused, love to dig into the details to ‘crack’ a problem and thrive on everything matching 100%.
Based in our London office, you will interact with a number of different teams across the company, such as Customer Support, Risk, Compliance and Engineering to tackle our payment processing, payment reconciliation and customers’ payment queries. You will also speak with external parties, such as banks and suppliers, so being able to communicate in a clear and concise manner is imperative.
This role will give you a good understanding of a number of payment systems across the world and an opportunity to learn the key players in each. A key focus will be to document team processes, mainly around how these payment systems work, in order to enhance and share knowledge across GoCardless.
We are expanding internationally so shift work will be required to make sure we process payments across different time zones.
What we're looking for
- You have exceptional attention to detail, are organised and diligent
- You don’t lose focus and always look for ways to improve - even if the task is repetitive
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You’re curious to learn and not afraid to ask when you don’t know the answer
- You are keen to share knowledge
- You can prioritise multiple tasks and switch between them effortlessly
- You have an immense sense of ownership and proactively fix problems when problems occur
- You are a problem solver and have the patience to identify discrepancies and root causes - even if it takes time and you have to dig deep
- You like to dive into details to find the right answer and always follow through to the end
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong analytical skills and are a confident user of Excel
Prior knowledge of payments and/or reconciliation is a plus but not a requirement. We will teach you what you need to know!
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.