With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
About the role:
Abcam is searching for a head of experience design to lead the team responsible for creating delightful, personalised, content-led customer experiences on our website and across our digital channels.
Help build and lead a team creating targeted, immersive, content-led digital experiences to drive customer satisfaction and conversion rate optimisation
Own content and merchandising strategy for our digital channels and deliver a roadmap of constantly optimised experiences
- Define KPIs and measurement approach to unearth insights, identify opportunities and deliver constant improvement
- Collaborate with product team to create relevant templates and components
- Work with insights team to define targeting strategy, unlock relevant customer data and optimise with a test and learn approach
- Partner with marketing and regional teams to scale successful approaches by defining and implementing a best practice ‘playbook’
- Understand what great looks like, learning from other CX industry leaders
- You will be a digital expert with 5+ years proven experience designing great customer experiences that build on digital best practices and the latest technologies
- You will have a customer focus – and user-centred design thinking supported by strong insights and a best practice approach to experimentation.
- You will take a commercial, analytical approach – aligning with the business to prioritise changes that will drive the most value underpinned by an ability to use data to build business cases, drive action and measure impact
- Our ideal candidate will be collaborative with the ability to bring together different teams and foster a common, positive culture, shared goals and ways of working.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills to inspire, persuade and empower others are essential for this role
- A data-led decision maker
- Familiar with personalisation and analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Target, GA360)
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.