|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a highly effective Compliance professional to provide compliance consultancy services for an interim period to cover maternity leave in Shareholder Disclosures Team.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
The Compliance Department operates to protect our clients, firm and staff by fostering compliance and ethical outcomes. The objective of the function is to minimise the likelihood of compliance risks materialising and manage regulatory risk within the agreed risk appetite. The department consists of four teams; Investment Compliance, Compliance Distribution Compliance Infrastructure, and Regulatory Development.
The Share Disclosure Team forms part of the Investment Compliance Team. The Share Disclosure team are responsible for submitting timely and accurate notifications to regulators, exchanges and issuers in relation to major long shareholdings, Short reporting, Takeover Panel reporting, and Sensitive Industry disclosures.
What you'll do
- Manage compliance aspects, requirements and ongoing project work streams in relation to the implementation of Global Compliance share disclosure software
- Scope and implement enhancement projects covering global regulatory share disclosure reporting processes
- Review Regulatory Developments and core processes
- Provide leadership, co-ordination and general oversight and change management services
- Provide post implementation analysis and support enhancing compliance arrangements and governance
- Escalation of key risks to the Group Compliance Teams
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Experience in application of regulations and in matters of a legal and regulatory nature
- Experience of working in the investment management sector
- Experience in managing relationships with regulators
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel
What you'll be like
- Effective leadership, project management, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make sound judgments
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to deliver high quality results with a proactive and positive approach
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.