|Job Type:||Full Time|
- To lead business development in the region having agreed the regional business development plan with the RD
- Have a detailed understanding of the local/regional business community and marketplace
- Have a detailed understanding of SPW client proposition and competitor positioning
- To identify potential prospects within the region with the aim of building lasting relationships
- Optimisation of the partnership between LBG and SPW in the region, ensuring opportunities and synergies between businesses are fully exploited.
- Design and implementation of enabling activity to support regional growth aspirations.
- Non-product propositional development to unlock opportunities to develop the business.
- Actively representing the business with third parties and target audiences in line with business need.
- Working closely with the Regional Director to support the attraction of new advisers through direct to advisor / firm recruitment activity.
- As part of overall business development plan, agree regional event plan in consultation with the Client Directors, host and/or attend client and prospect events
- Networking to prospect for new clients
- Working with business (both LBG Commercial and NON LBG commercial relationships) to provide employee benefit solutions
- To take an active part in the Business Development forum helping to share and learn from best practice and cross SPW collaboration.
Bachelor Degree or completed studies in either Sales / Marketing / Finance / Business desirable
Level 4 Financial Planning Qualification, desirable but not essential
- A substantial level of experience, preferably in financial services or business consulting
- Breadth of knowledge across the Wealth Planning Marketplace and Schroders Personal Wealth target customer segments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Good negotiation skills with an ability to "cold call."
- An enterprising & entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to coach and inspire local colleagues to adopt a similar approach.
- The successful candidate will be open and welcoming to change, be a creative and strategic thinker, have exceptional problem solving skills, and have an ability to stay focused in times of uncertainty.
- The position plays a highly collaborative role, interacting with colleagues and prospects across the region and the business, which will demand clear and effective communication skills in order to facilitate successful relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships, influence and command the respect of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Outstanding levels of dedication and work ethic; happy to get stuck into the 'doing' while maintaining a broad view of affairs across the business
- The Regional Business Development Manager must be self-motivated, be a team player and have a passion for team building, be highly organised and be meticulous and detail-oriented.
Why you should apply…
This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing business
On top of your salary we will also receive a full employee benefits package including medical insurance and pension to name just a few
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
Our ethos is to provide equal opportunities to all, and to ensure we represent the communities we serve.
If like us, you're more motivated by customers than by target, and you'd thrive in a culture that is values and client led - come and talk to us. Select the Apply Now button to start the conversation.