|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you ready to be part of the Cloud Movement and join a team of the world’s best Microsoft Dynamics 365 troubleshooters to enable the success of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Applications? Do you have a passion for customers and engineering and are looking to resolve issues with the “speed of the cloud”?
As a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Escalation Engineer focused on supporting our broader Dynamics communities, you will leverage existing skills to extend the features of our Dynamics 365 Business Applications. We’ll provide you with abundant resources, opportunities for advancing your knowledge further in training, advanced diagnostic tools, the Microsoft Dynamics 365 product group, and the experience of tenured engineers around you.
As an Escalation Engineer, you are a technical leader and will be driving the discovery of potentially unique solutions for each customer situation as part of a team. You will investigate and solve critical, complex, technical issues escalated from Tier 1& Tier 2 using mostly code level techniques or by leveraging telemetry in support tools. EEs work in close alignment with our Engineering Group to use trace & source code analysis, debugging / telemetry tools, reverse engineering techniques & other sophisticated diagnostic tools used in software creation & debugging to investigate unknown issues. EEs may write code to reproduce or investigate issues (either for the customer issue at hand or to impact multiple customers experiencing a similar issue,) create new tools, or add instrumentation to existing components to isolate defects. Issues are not always purely technically complex, but politically charged situations requiring the highest skill levels of conflict resolution & collaboration to speak for the Product Group at a source code level.
- You will provide technical and customer experience leadership in the organization, including mentoring and coaching engineers, and driving business initiatives.
- Ensure a close alignment and progress with our Engineering group and the Customer Support delivery teams.
- Deliver world class customer experiences visible in customer survey results/customer sentiment and other drivers like speed of resolution and throughput improvements.
- Own and optimize technical delivery with regional and global impact.
- Extensive industry experience working with external customers and driving global projects.
- Strong customer service skills, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to excel in a team environment is essential.
- Experience working with customers in the Cloud, e.g. Microsoft Cloud products such as Azure, Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other cloud solutions (SalesForce, AWS, etc.)
- Experience working with Enterprise customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (or other) SQL Databases (T-SQL, Indexes, Stored Procedures, etc.) and Active Directory
- A fundamental understanding of IIS/Apache, troubleshooting website issues/HTTP responses
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues, database or scripting issues using tools like Message Analyzer, SQL Profiler and browser debuggers, etc.
- Ability to read and analyze network traces, Fiddler, SQL traces, etc.
- Strong debugging skills desired, e.g. script debugging using browser debugger, C# code and memory dumps debugging using WinDbg.
- Programming skills- including the ability to read and understand code written in C#, J-Script, XML, HTML and other Microsoft .NET technologies.
- Experience customizing Dynamics 365 (CRM) environments and working with solutions for both Online and On-Premises offerings
- Experience in creating technical documentation and sharing knowledge with others through training delivery and mentoring
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.