|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Our Public Services Sector brings together the right expertise and experience to challenge conventional thinking and deliver exceptional results across the public sector. We operate across all aspects of public service including central and local government, education, justice, the third and charities sectors. The diversity of our work is unparalleled, and we have a reputation for delivering high quality, cost-effective solutions for our clients.
We are a team who have:
- Developed business cases for £50 billion of public sector investment over the last three years
- Designed a world leading solution to monitor the aggregate impact of aid funding
- Helped to develop local industrial strategies and sector growth deals across the UK
- Worked internationally to deliver anti-corruption and economic development programmes
- Helped councils to respond innovatively to pressures in adult social care
- Supported the letting of contracts worth £2.4 billion to put in place the underlying infrastructure for the roll-out of smart meters in Britain.
Delivering exceptional results that have a lasting impact is what we do. Balancing proven methodologies with fresh, unconstrained thinking is how we do it. Central to each challenge is a perfectly balanced team of experts handpicked for the task.
What we're looking for
The team are looking for highly numerate people with excellent strategic thinking, business analysis, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
We are looking for consultants who have a good understanding of economics and its practical application in both the design and delivery of complex transformation programmes. You will have a passion for using economics to support evidence-based decision-making aimed at maximising the benefits realised through investment, helping to ensure sustainable growth and social development in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will need to think strategically, interacting with senior clients to communicate technical concepts in a compelling and accessible way. You should be familiar with using financial and economic models. You will have a strong track record of working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver tangible outcomes.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of applying economics within the public sector to shape organisational strategy and programme design
- Understanding of datasets and methodologies used to quantify and monetise the social and economic benefits of government intervention
- Understanding of methodologies for forecasting and/or evaluating the impact of development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the confidence to present work to senior clients
- The ability to balance strategic, big picture, problem solving with project management disciplines
- The interest and ability to spot commercial opportunities, contributing to team business development
- Experience of using HM Treasury’s ‘Green Book’ and business case standards is highly desirable
- Experience within one or more of the following areas would also be an advantage:
- Degree or higher-level qualification in Economics, Public Policy or a related subject
- Understanding of Official Development Assistance (ODA) rules and relevant UK legislation
- Better Business Cases™ accreditation.
Energetic, passionate, determined, positive and goal-focused with a commitment to delivering excellence in any and all circumstances:
- Passionate about developing themselves technically, professionally and behaviourally
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills who builds great relationships with their colleagues and clients
- Able to engage clients using a range of influencing skills
- Ability to be assertive and firm in their approach but has a flexible, calm and professional demeanour
- Commercially shrewd with strong business acumen.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance).
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we create opportunity from complexity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.