Become part of the team
** 1 year contract with the likely option to extend for 2 to 4 years, likely to start April 2020. The role will be based in Winchester ** **
This is an exciting opportunity to join the award winning Argenti care technology partnership. Argenti support a growing number of local authorities by installing care technology to support thousands of people, allowing them to live independent lives.
The successful applicant will be reporting into the Operations Manager and will be responsible for the day-to-day operational service, ensuring it is efficient and responsive always to the needs of all Council’s staff and service users.
You will also be working with potential referrers of care technology to support their high-quality referrals into the service to achieve better outcomes and quality of life for service users, their families and their carers.
It’s also important that you serve as an ambassador for the Argenti partnership, representing the service in a positive and progressive manner at all times
This is a great opportunity to help achieve better outcomes and quality of life for vulnerable service users, their families and their carers right across the country.
What we're looking for
We are seeking an administrator, preferably with a Social Care or Health background, to handle the receipt, and processing of referrals in our busy care technology services. It is therefore important that you have high attention to detail so that are records are kept up-to-date and accurate.
You will be responsible for supporting the team to maintain an efficient, responsive high-quality service to Dorset Council (DC) staff and service users.
- To take responsibility for the day-to-day administration of the Argenti Service Front-Desk, receiving referrals, assessing for appropriateness, reviewing and quantifying benefits.
- To support referrers to make high quality referrals for care technology that are ‘right first time’.
- To be responsible for receiving and rapidly resolving service queries from service users, Care Managers, other professionals and external agencies in an efficient and effective manner.
- To monitor the workflow through the service, prioritiszingwork in accordance with service needs, working methods and practices.
- To support the delivery of the Argenti Customer Feedback and Quality Assurance Programmewhich meets the Councils’ and TSA Standards.
- To ensure in conjunction with the Operations Manager, suitable arrangements are in place to cover core activity including referral processing during periods of absence.
- To support the Operations Manager with the organisationof training courses.
- To ensure that enquiries and complaints are dealt with efficiently and effectively in line with contract requirements,ensuring more complex matters are discussed with the Operations Manager.
- Maintain up to date, accurate and timely recordswithin Argenti operational systems and to be responsible for ensuring all required data is added into Councils’ care management system and UMO (Data systems) in an accurate and timely fashion.
- To work collaboratively with all organisationswithin the Argenti consortium to ensure the service maintains its excellent service standards.
- To support with response to emergencies, when on duty and be available for contact if required.
- To undertake projects and any other work appropriate to the level and general nature of the post’s duties.
- To carry out all duties with due regard to the provisions of health and safety regulations and legislation, the Council’s equal opportunities and customer care policies, Codes of Conduct, Disciplinary & Efficiency Rules, and the new approach to care technology.
Location and hours of work
The role will be predominantly based in the Hampshire County Council office in Winchester. There is also likely to be some travel to the Dorset Council site in Dorchester.
Hours of work will be 8.30am to 5pm with one-hour lunch break Monday to Friday.
- 25 days holiday
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.