|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Our work ranges from proof-of-principle prototypes to fully fledged products. On some projects the emphasis is on creating something demonstrable as quickly as possible, while others follow a more rigorous engineering process.
Most of the work we do is based in our labs just outside Cambridge, but you may also need to visit other sites in the UK. Part of our business is to provide technical consultancy, so you may be involved in researching topics and contributing to written reports.
As a member of a growing team of around 30 Software Engineers, you'll assist in the development of software solutions for our clients.
What we're looking for
We expect you will have a combination of:
- 2.1 or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another STEM subject
- Strong embedded or objected-oriented programming skills, ideally in one or more of C++, Python, C or C#
- Familiarity with software development practices and tools, such as agile development, version control, software testing, continuous integration and virtualisation
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a team
- The versatility and flexibility to apply your skills to new challenges and solve unfamiliar problems
- A desire to push for continuous improvement and deliver quality software
- The ability to work independently
- A willingness to learn
Ideally you will have:
- Commercial experience of design, development and testing of software
- Knowledge or experience of a specific area of interest, for example: embedded software, sensors, IoT, cloud, robotics, VR/AR
- Evidence of software development outside of university or work
Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we create opportunity from complexity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.