|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you're an enthusiastic advocate of technology with a background in designing or developing software solutions, we offer the opportunity to apply your customer engagement skills to Microsoft's key customers and develop your career within our organisation and the wider IT industry.
Along with your own technical skills, you will have access to your local team, the wider Microsoft communities, and a global network of expertise. You can work and grow in a continuous learning environment that is Microsoft, a global leader in a mobile First, Cloud First world, helping the businesses around the world to accelerate the business benefit derived from Microsoft products and technologies.
As a Modern Applications Consultant, you will work in delivering applications that help organisations engage with customers through multiple channels and on any device. The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to design and develop integrated solutions using the latest Microsoft products and technologies.
- Working with customers and delivery partners to help define and deliver leading edge Modern Applications Solutions with a "Cloud First, Mobile First" mindset
- Driving activities to deploy the solution that provides the expected business value to the customer, and effectively bringing the project to its goal (envision, plan, develop, stabilize and deploy the solution).
- Ensuring the quality of own as well as partner's deliverables
- Acting as a trusted solution advisor to our clients in varied engagements which could range from a short consulting assignment to a large implementation project.
- Acting as technical expert for broad and complex issues.
- Working independently as well as a member of an agile team
- Impacting the business though delivery excellence and predictability, IP creation and re-use and experiences sharing
- Analyzing and providing strategic insight into the risks, benefits, and opportunities of various solutions as needed
- Proactively working with the engagement team and partners and pursuing up-sell opportunities for Microsoft
- IT experience on the Microsoft Application platform having architected, designed, implemented, testing
and deployed complex solutions
- Highly credible with demonstrable ability to solve business problems and be able to explain the benefits to the customer ranging from Business value to mastering deep technical explanations if needed
- Passion for customers, learning, having proven ability to be client focused, results-focused, proactive, collaborative and confident under pressure
- IT industry background working with software development, solution delivery, or cloud solutions
- Deep, demonstrable knowledge in a number of the following areas
- Technical leadership/mentoring of development teams
- Cloud technologies (e.g. Azure, O365, Dynamics)
- Server Systems (e.g.BizTalk, SQL,); Client Systems (e.g. Modern apps, Mobile); Methodologies and Application Lifecycle Management (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, TFS);
- Solution Architecture (e.g. SOA, enterprise architectures)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.