|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan has a unique global franchise in Research and a career within the department is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. The main purpose of Equity Research is to provide advice to institutional investors about the stocks they should buy or sell to make profits for their clients and we work closely with colleagues in Equity Sales, Sales-Trading and Trading to deliver the service. Our strong Research franchise with institutional investors, the market insights we develop and the close relationships we establish with the companies we cover are also very valuable to internal clients such as Investment Banking, Derivatives, Credit & Rates and Private Equity.
An opening has arisen for an Analyst or Associate to work within the European Utilities team in London. We are seeking a Banking, Accounting or Finance professional with 3-4 years sector – related experience and knowledge of Utilities.
The Candidate will be working within our top rated Team, providing support to the Senior Analysts. The primary responsibilities will initially include:
Work with senior colleagues in the team to provide thought-leadership to institutional clients with respect to the sector;
Stay abreast of company and industry developments;
Prepare analysis and write research publications on a regular basis;
Support and help produce sector research;
Support the development and training of supporting analyst(s) in the team;
Travel for marketing worldwide, both alone and with other team members;
Maintain and update financial models and material for investment analysis;
Contribute to write on quarterly results alerts, detailed stock reports;
Communicate with institutional investors and company representatives, as well as internal clients (Sales, Sales-Traders and Traders).
- Utilities sector experience preferred; interest in Utilities and the stock market is essential;
- Financial markets experience (sell-side, buy-side or investment banking/M&A) preferred, with excellent knowledge of how equity markets work;
- Strong analytical, numerical and quantitative skills;
- Excellent written communication skills, with ability to write impactful short and longer pieces;
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with confidence and ability to successfully present, debate and defend ideas;
- Ambitious, hard-working, with attention to detail and capacity to show initiative;
- Reliable team player as well as ability to work independently;
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent academic results;
- Fluency in English is essential; a second European language is preferred.