|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationMilton Keynes, GB
Department NameRoute Services
About Network Rail
We at Network Rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here.
Route Services is a division of Network Rail, formed to provide our routes with services and supplies that they need in order to maintain and deliver a better railway for a better Britain. We work with our customers to provide them with the safest, most cost-efficient and effective services enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Supply Chain Operations
This opportunity sits in Supply Chain Operations (SCO), a division of Route Services that procures safe, sustainable, products and services that are in turn used to improve and enhance the rail infrastructure across Britain. SCO aims to deliver excellent value and service to our customers, helping the rail industry to work together to deliver a more cost-effective railway.
Our extensive supply chain network plays a crucial role in helping to run a safe and efficient railway.
Every year we:
- Buy and deliver 2,000km of rail and 2.5 million tonnes of ballast.
Operate 1,200 rail vehicles.
Behind the scenes we:
- Process £7,000,000,000 of payments.
- Handle over 23,000 IT helpdesk calls.
- Mechanical and electrical locking fitters maintain 468 signal boxes and 387 ground frames.
- Operational property helpdesk process over 200,000 calls.
Answer inbound calls from individuals requiring access to the railway, registering the details and dealing with queries and problems in a timely and efficient manner.
About the role (External)
1. Providing effective customer support for nominated events reported in SCO 24:7.
2. Working with customers to meet their specified requirements and following through to identification of owner.
3. Accurately recording, risking, and ranking all events that take place providing all the relevant information.
4. Adhering to reporting processes relevant to each nominated event, including any escalation arrangements.
5. Maintaining the real time operation of our systems to manage effective data capturing and reporting.
Ability to understand customer requirements and determine support requirements.
Excellent telephone manner and good customer service skills.
Familiarity with methods and techniques used to report progress of activity against reported events.
Able to work well within a highly disciplined team under pressure.
Keen eye for detail.
Excellent reliability and time keeping.
Team player whilst able to also work on own initiative.
Proficient in the use of Windows OS and MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
Ability to prioritise competing issues.
How to apply (External)
Salary: £19,000 - £20,000
Closing date: 2nd April 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
To be considered for this role, you shall live within 75/90 minutes of The Quadrant Milton Keynes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information