The Commercial Portfolio team are “the passion behind the product portfolio, acting to anticipate and exceed customer’s expectations, to enable them to progress their research”. Abcam is developing an industry leading portfolio of products in the Proteins & Peptides market and this role is important in growing and developing Abcam’s global presence.
This role jointly leads the Proteins & Peptides portfolio, optimising Abcam’s range to deliver specific Revenue targets using the sales drivers of Land, Convert, Repeat, Grow and Defend.
This role will also be required to support the Category Director – Proteins & Peptides in developing and delivering an ambitious global strategy for development, positioning and growth.
Roles and Responsibilities
Create and deliver a portfolio strategy that delivers the next two financial years Revenue targets
Support the development and delivery of an ambitious global strategy for development, positioning and growth of Abcam’s Proteins & Peptides business
Drive the development of Abcam’s Proteins & Peptides proposition to deliver rapid market penetration and achieve ambitious growth targets
Enhance customer digital experience to ensure that it remains “Best in Life Science”
Creating Global Marketing and PPC Campaigns
Work with Quality & PDI team to solve any product quality related issues
Working with In House R&D and manufacturing to bring NPD to market, on time, in full
Working with OEM suppliers to augment and enhance Abcam’s In House offer for customers
Support Abcam’s KAM and Inside Sales with customers as Product expert in Proteins & Peptides
- Minimum of a Masters degree in biological-science field, a PhD is preferable
- Significant product management, marketing, sales or business development experience
- Experience of leading cross functional marketing, development and manufacturing teams
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- High level of analytical and numerical skills
- Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced environment
- Results focused
- Strong team player able to build credibility at the senior level, and lead and motivate international cross function teams
- Excellent communicator who can work autonomously
- Comfortable with a flexible working environment and being flexible to meet demands of the role
- Resilient with the strength to deal with challenging situations