|Job Type:||Full Time|
Lead all aspects of the day to day resource management of South Western Railway Drivers, Guards and Commercial Guards. Ensuring delivery of a safe, punctual train service within budgetary guidelines. Proactive management of train crew resources to minimise train service delays.
- Co-ordinate drivers, guards and commercial guards on a day to day basis ensuring efficient use of resources.
- Ensure fitness of duty of traincrew when booking on and off duty.
- Responsible for accurate recording of traincrew sickness, including timely reporting to line managers.
- Responsible for the management for the display of safety critical information.
- Responsible for the timely submission of traincrew reports.
- Conduct first line chain of care when required.
- Contribute towards the efficient structure of traincrew diagrams and links through liaison with appropriate line managers.
- Through proactive resourcing arrangements contribute to the continued improvement in SWRs train performance.
- Establish a leadership style to consistently promote SWTs vision and values with a strong focus on professional business delivery.
- Responsible for certification and authorisation of traincrew overtime.
- Ensure all diagram changes are communicated to traincrew.
- Responsible for the dissemination of traincrew diagrams and amended diagrams within terms and conditions
- Use of IT software packages such as Genius, Crewplan, Trust, P2, etc to improve dissemination of information and improve productivity.
- Retain a detailed knowledge of train crew conditions of service and local depot codifications
- Knowledge of rostering, FR&I, GRI, DRI and the national and business conditions of service
- Detailed understanding of performance regimes
- Knowledge of route geography and traction essential.
- Experience in the Railway industry is not essential but could be an advantage
- Leadership qualities together with general management, interpersonal skills, clear thinking, judgment and organisation ability.
- Have an appreciation of Health and Safety legislation
- Experience in a strongly unionised environment desirable.
- Educated to a good academic standard with a professional certificate in management desirable
- Proven ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise.
- Proven excellent communication skills.
Average of 42 hours per week working early, late, night and cover shifts.
Must be flexible to work various shift patterns as per business needs.