|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established feature team in Glasgow responsible for key products which underpin the firm’s private cloud platform. This team operates a DevOps culture and is responsible for everything from working with our customers to understand their needs, through to building and running and evolving our products.
We are embarking on the development of new products for the next generation of our expanding cloud services, giving you the opportunity to be involved in designing a new system with modern engineering practices and technologies at its heart.
What is required?
You are strongly motivated to learn and want to do engineering right, able to tackle complex problems, build resilient, scalable components that meet client needs and are robust in a mission-critical production environment. You have a delivery focused approach to work and are able to self-direct as a productive and independent engineer.
- Strong proficiency in one or more programming languages on the JVM e.g. Java, Kotlin, Groovy.
- Proficiency with at least one database platform, ideally with experience handling very large data sets.
- Experience in publishing and consuming REST APIs, ideally with a good understanding of authorization and oauth2.
- Object-oriented design and development.
- UNIX/Linux command line & scripting.
- Excellent understanding of good coding practices, proper code structure, configuration management and code refactoring. Familiarity with TDD and automated testing.
- Strong collaborator and team player who openly shares knowledge for the benefit of the team. Comfortable with pair programming
- Proficiency with development tools (Jenkins, Jira, BitBucket, IntelliJ, GIT, code quality & security scanning tools).
- Ability to identify and facilitate issue resolutions (and escalate where applicable) as well as being able to communicate complex issues in a crisp and concise fashion to multiple levels of management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, manage priorities and be able to quickly adapt to ever-evolving business needs.
- Domain Driven Design and Logical Domain Modelling
- Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications.
- Familiarity with Cloud Platforms including: CloudFoundry and Kubernetes
- Java Frameworks including Spring & Hibernate
- Understanding and experience of multi-threaded applications.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.