|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join Microsoft and be a part of our Modern Workplace commercial business.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our mission is our company’s goal and what each of us strives to achieve every day. As a culture, we are always learning, customer-driven, curious, experimental and open. We celebrate our differences and seek to listen and learn from one another for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
Modern Workplace represents a team of experts dedicated to helping our customers embrace new ways of working as they pursue digital transformation. We are partners to field sellers and help them gather key insights, test and incubate new strategies, and share learnings with leaders across sales, engineering, and marketing to drive successful outcomes. We are technologists and business strategists who combine our diversity of skills, experiences, and perspectives to do our best work for our customers.
Modern Workplace Principal Global Black Belt (GBB) is an experienced business and technical leadership role in the EMEA Time-zone Leadership team focused on end to end sales execution (including M365 workloads, Surface, incubation value propositions and sales plays) and deliver growth for strategic solutions areas.
End to end business and technical leadership (~70% of the role) will be focused on:
- Leading selected strategic and complex sales opportunities and customer engagements in partnership with the Area sales teams – with the focus on Modern Workplace transformation deals and customer engagements (including M365 solutions, Surface, incubation and cross workload)
- Driving scalable coaching with the Area sales teams to diversify the sales plays from mainstream to more advanced scenarios leading to future expansion with the main focus on a “challenger mentality” by inspiring field sellers to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Role modelling BDM engagement with new modern workplace sales plays and identifying insights and learnings to make recommendations for scaling motions to broader field and partners
- Identifying market trends and in-depth customer insights for optimisation and development of the Modern Workplace sales programs and value propositions
- Continuously find new opportunities to increase our sales teams’ capability and fluency with solution selling and value conversations, sharing best practices and contributing to the development of future readiness programs
- Championing the customer asks, blockers and escalations to progress deals faster into closure
- Contributing to the Time-zone strategic and operational plan reactively or proactively, subject to specific Area and Time-zone needs.
Solution area strategy and growth (~30% of the role) will be focused on:
- Driving programmatically selected motions and/or strategic focus areas in partnership with the corporate and field stakeholders for positive business impact in the chosen Areas (this will involve initiatives like selected strategic big bets, sales motions like ‘continuous selling’ or landing increased investment to support challenged Area)
- Contributing to solution area future growth planning regarding sales motions and value proposition design (including new SKUs) with strong Time-zone point of view with consolidated feedback, learnings, and insights
- Leading best practice sharing across Areas, Time-zones, and communities to multiply the business impact in selected solutions or motions
- Influencing stakeholders to keep Modern Workplace Solution Area high in the senior leadership agenda in the Time-zone and Areas, supporting executive customer conversation by showcasing relevant solutions/sales plays and therefore gaining mindshare.
Experiences Required: key experiences, skills and knowledge:
- Strategic thinking & execution. Ability to identify key market trends and deep recurring customer insights which help to develop future propositions and strategies. Ability to improve sales and business strategy options in partnership with other stakeholders, while also being able to execute on complex opportunities successfully.
- Solution understanding. Understanding of relevant cloud technologies. Ability to learn and develop depth on Microsoft Modern Workplace and Cloud solutions, including value selling and competitive solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative relationship building style. Distinguished written and verbal communication skills to confidently present to customers, partners and in internal business reviews for senior leadership and key stakeholders. Ability to influence decision making with compelling and data-driven proposals.
- Performer. Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously and programmatically with clear prioritisation. Highly driven person and a self-starter who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and determination to compete effectively against the skilled and diverse competition.
- Collaborative. Ability to build relationships and influence key partners, achieving results through collaboration with members of the Microsoft corporate teams (sales leads and program teams, business architects, readiness, marketing, product groups, and engineering) and with the field sales, BG and Microsoft partners to solve customer challenges and opportunities. Ability to leverage best practices and deliver results.
- Growth Mindset. Ability to effectively and efficiently change a system for an outcome over time and to overcome and work around challenges that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses – a positive approach to problem-solving, learning, and development of potential.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.