|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
How we purchase things has never been more important – it affects our, our politics, the economy, society and individual citizens.
PA is growing fast. We are winning business by delivering outstanding results for our clients and demonstrating our values in our work. Our Public Procurement and Sourcing Team has grown rapidly over the last couple of years and we have ambitious plans to continue this growth.
With us you would get on work on diverse projects from local initiatives to high profile nationally significant programmes, helping clients to save money through better procurement and sourcing arrangements:
- The team have saved the UK tax payer in excess of £1bn in the last five years.
- You have probably used one of the outputs of the services or products we have procured from a new passport, to premium bonds.
- We helped to rapidly deliver a system for detecting explosive devices – protecting UK forces and saving the UK MOD £17 million.
- We supported the letting of contracts worth £2.4 billion to put in place the underlying infrastructure for the roll-out of smart meters in Britain. These devices will, over time, allow for more versatility in the way we consume energy.
- Delivering a vital replacement of the emergency services communication networks.
We are looking for talented people with a track record within and a passion for Public Sector Procurement to join our growing team.
The team covers all aspects of the sourcing and procurement processes from managing procurements programmes through to developing compelling Business Cases through to contract reviews and renegotiation.
Our team have a variety of different procurement experiences and have worked across the entire spectrum of procurement services. The team also contains leading thinkers in the field – who are published and quoted in the press/ PPS blog, and prize winners from consultancy awards. Although the team have different experiences and skills, we all share a commitment to improving public procurement.
PA can offer you a career in consulting, not just a job; and an environment where individuals and ideas matter.
What we're looking for
Skills and Knowledge
Our consultants are responsible for the devising, organising, and implementing large scale projects that are very complex in nature. You will possess excellent business analysis, problem-solving and interpersonal skills and the commercial acumen and creativity needed to deliver creative value-adding solutions to client issues.
You will have strong project delivery experience and be able to demonstrate a track record of leveraging your skills and experience to deliver measurable benefits within one or more of the following areas:
- Procurement strategy and capability.
- Procurement operating models.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Supplier negotiations.
- Category management.
- Strategy sourcing and cost reduction.
- Supply chain risk management.
- Transactional procurement processes and systems.
- Experience within the Public Sector (and running OJEU procurement procedures) is essential, alongside experience in other sectors either in operational roles or in a consultancy capacity
- Current knowledge in common categories (such as construction, energy & utilities, facilities management, human resources, IT, marketing, logistics, office supplies, professional services, travel) and public sector specialist categories (such as defence, medical, social care and waste) is highly desirable
- MCIPS, including work towards the qualification, is desirable
- An appreciation of supply chain issues will be an advantage.
You will work in highly innovative multi-disciplinary teams and be expected to take on significant responsibility, working with colleagues and clients at all levels. Progression is based on merit, not time served, and high performers progress rapidly.
Energetic, passionate, determined, positive and goal-focused with a commitment to delivering excellence in any and all circumstances:
- Passionate about developing themselves technically, professionally and behaviourally
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills who builds great relationships with their colleagues and clients
- Able to engage clients using a range of influencing skills
- Ability to be assertive and firm in their approach but has a flexible, calm and professional demeanour
- Commercially shrewd with strong business acumen
- Educated to degree level.
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.