|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a global leader in innovative software licensing solutions to enterprises of all sizes. The Worldwide Business Desk is part of Microsoft’s Worldwide Commercial Finance (WCF) organization, reporting to Microsoft’s CFO. The Business Desk encompasses 150+ Licensing Executives worldwide. This role reports into the Business Desk Manager for the UK.
This role will provide you with some true responsibility and empowerment to influence large deals in Microsoft, and have an impact on some of our key enterprise customers. Using your commercial and negotiation skills, you will take on accountability for creating licensing solutions for our Commercial and Government Enterprise and Strategic accounts in the UK.
This is your chance to engage in complex, multimillion-dollar negotiations with customers that have unique commercial and contractual needs. Operating as the subject matter expert and providing guidance and coaching to the local sales and licensing community, you will regularly be involved in direct customer facing high stakes negotiations.
Also, you will develop your network and range of relationships as a trusted advisor for regional management and in collaboration with the account teams and the UK senior leadership team.
This role will allow you to engage with a number of stakeholders both internal and external, and some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Working directly and indirectly with the largest customers in the UK to assist in influencing and approving optimal licensing solutions that meets the customers’ needs
- Pro-actively work with various levels of stakeholders to assist them in closing sales, driving consumption of Online Services, develop commercial offerings and explore customer licensing requirements.
- Taking a proactive role in working directly with sales teams to help identify how to drive the business forward while ensuring that customer satisfaction remains a top priority.
- Accountable for defining options regarding concessions to drive deals to closure but minimizing risk to Microsoft and landing good profitable business.
- Engaging with the Microsoft headquarters (Seattle) based Product Groups, Legal and Operations to highlight licensing trends and obstacles, and ensure that the solutions developed meet the short and long term needs of both the customer and Microsoft while minimizing internal costs and any associated liabilities.
- Contributing to the overall strategic direction of Worldwide Commercial Finance by ensuring effective implementation and landing of strategy and offerings, testing pilots and providing feedback on new licensing strategies for regional and worldwide use.
- Developing pilots and test potential solutions to financially significant problems involving members from Field Sales, Business Development, Operations, Legal, Product Groups, etc.
Your experience of working with commercial enterprise customers will position you well to succeed in this role, and you will also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience supporting in the negotiation of large deals with senior stakeholders within our customers (CxO).
- Directly engaging with Sales and/or marketing teams with commercial enterprise customers.
- Good knowledge of the marketplace, competitors, and specific concerns of major industry sectors driving negotiation behaviour
- That you have worked in a frequently changing environment, where you’ve acted with incomplete information, and navigated complex stakeholder structures
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and tool skills (Excel, Pivot tables, data manipulation and transformation)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as proficient presentation skills, to both an internal and external audience
- A Background in Cloud technologies and a strong perspective of Digital Transformation (Desirable)
Fluent in English, orally and written, is a key requirement for this job and this role will require occasional domestic and international travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work