|Job Type:||Full Time|
Become part of the team
Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to join the PA Consulting Prosperity Fund Monitoring and Reporting Hub. The Hub provides monitoring and reporting technical advisory support to the Prosperity Fund – a £1.3bn international development fund supporting interventions in high growth potential sectors across middle income countries.
Working alongside Prosperity Fund programme teams, you will provide indicator and data guidance, review and refine programme Theories of Change (ToCs), analyse logframes and suggest appropriate indicator frameworks. As part of a multi-disciplinary delivery team, you'll be in direct contact with clients and stakeholders across several UK Government Departments. Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences are vital to this role.
At a minimum we would expect the candidate to:
- Provide support to programme and project design activities including development/refinement of theories of change and Log Frames
- Help determine relevant indicators that Prosperity Fund programmes and projects could monitor and report on, in line with relevant indicator standards
- Provide guidance on selecting and applying appropriate data standards
- Conduct data quality assessments
- Lead international technical support missions in support of Prosperity Fund programme teams
- Manage/mentor more junior members of the technical support team to develop technical M&E skills and expertise, and provide technical quality assurance for their work.
What we're looking for
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to engage with a large network of stakeholders
- Team player with flexible and adaptable approach to work, and a motivated self-starter
- Confident and credible, with aptitude in decisions making, problem solving and a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strives for success, exceeding targets and expectations
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree and post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (economics, international development economics or other appropriate social science discipline) or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the international development Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) sector (essential), background in a consulting role (desirable)
- Knowledge of concepts such as Theory of Change and logframes (essential); practical experience designing programmes, developing Theory of Change and logframes (desirable)
- Experience of designing, implementing and quality assuring quantitative/qualitative monitoring and evaluation activities in a Middle and Lower income countries(desirable)
- Experience preparing for workshops and facilitating/leading working group discussions
- Experience working with digital MIS systems and managing data flow
- HMT Better Business Case Foundation/Practitioner accreditation (desirable); experience developing business cases or other business case methodologies (desirable)
Benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.