|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Securities Services technology team provides cross line-of-business shared technology services at scale. Business capabilities include Messaging, Internal Transaction Processing, Fee Billing, Revenue Management and Client Facing Instruction Management. These are run as core engineering groups with business aligned delivery provided to various areas of the CIB.
The Trade Utility team is part of CIB Securities Services and is responsible for providing solutions for Trade Processing. Our focus is on providing high throughput Transaction Validation and Enrichment. The Trade manager group is a global development team spread across various UK and India locations. The project is a high-profile, strategically important initiative within the Corporate and Investment Bank.
This is a hands-on role in a co-located Agile development team which forms part of a larger global development group. You will be a skilled full-stack developer who is passionate about code quality and can contribute to some of our planned initiatives such as DevOps, BDD, micro services and migration to a Cloud platform.
We value enthusiastic technologists with a drive to build the right software in the right way. You will be joining a team of highly motivated and skilled software engineers who will help you to lay the foundations of a great career at JP Morgan.
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and successful team where we value our work-life balance and where you will be encouraged to help shape your own role and responsibilities.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architxecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing mission critical applications using Core Java (1.7 & 1.8) and Java EE
- Hands-on experience working on messaging technologies like JMS and MQ
- Hands-on experience working on Java Frameworks such as Spring & Hibernate
- Hands-on experience working on database technologies like Oracle or Sybase
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and their application in problem solving.
- Prior Experience with industry standard tools like Jenkins, JUnit, Maven and GIT
- Experience of modern software development practices like TDD and Pair Programming
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.