|Job Type:||Full Time|
As one of the main technology HUBS For EMEA the scope of work in Glasgow is truly remarkable, we are at the forefront of innovation within the financial services industry and are pioneering the use of cutting edge technologies.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
Our team is focused on building highly-performant trade event processing systems utilizing a common architecture with component re-use across lines of business. This role provides the opportunity to work with a flexible, modern technology stack, utilizing best-practice software engineering techniques, such as Test Driven Development.
The current demand on the FORSS team is to replace a vendor application used for Fund Order management with a new in-house software stack leveraging the existing architectural components available within the ICB estate.
Ideal candidates will have a strong Java background with hands-on experience in design and implementation of highly-resilient, low-latency event processing platforms and a proven track record of delivering solutions. Candidates will be expected to have a key role in the design and implementation of the product.
Developers will be working as part of an agile team and will be expected to participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming and to be actively engaged in our continuous improvement process.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Experience in Java 7 and 8 expertise.
- Hands-on design and development of complex, distributed software systems
- Experience with automated testing – unit testing and acceptance testing
- Solid expertise of enterprise integration technologies – e.g. Spring Integration,Messaging (e.g. JMS), XML, JSON, Protocol Buffers
- Software Design Patterns
- Solid experience using open source frameworks such as Spring IoC, LMAX Disruptor
- Exposure to Gemfire or other distributed caching technologies
- RDBMS experience, e.g. Oracle or Sybase
- Maven, Hudson/ Jenkins, Sonar Cube, GIT
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.