|Job Type:||Full Time|
Structured Products Issuance MO and Exchange Traded Products MO
JPMorgan is a global leader in structuring, trading and marketing Securitised Derivatives. Our hallmarks of innovation, expertise and service have earned us the trust of institutional, High Net Worth and Retail clients, and made us leaders in our industry. Our Structured Products cover the full range of asset classes, including equities, credit, interest rates, currencies, commodities, funds and alternative investments. In late 2017 JPMorgan entered the Exchange Traded Products market, building and developing a new platform to support this business.
Investments can provide different levels of principal protection, asset linked coupons, opportunities to hedge or diversify risk, access to markets that may be inaccessible and management of credit exposure. Our Notes, Certificates and Warrants are purchased by clients in locations across Europe and the Middle East including Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, UK, France and Nordic Regions.
The role provides the opportunity to gain invaluable insights into Investment Bank Middle Office operations and related systems across a wide range of asset classes, with unique exposure to Front, Middle and Back Office teams, other internal stakeholders (Treasury, Legal, Compliance & Technology) and external agents. It also presents an excellent platform for leveraging the knowledge and expertise gained through related roles such in marketing support, trader assistant, trade support, or projects, among others.
Key tasks include (but are not limited to) support the Equity Derivative Structured Products Desks in EMEA, covering both sales and trading for the exotic business lines. Daily tasks include facilitating trade bookings, queries on various structured trades, validating the economic integrity of the trades, ensuring settlement, client set-up is complete, all secondary buybacks formalities are actioned and facilitation of pricing (Bloomberg, Telekrus, Reuters etc).
Working with sales to provide pre-trade approvals on new structured, ensuring clients are on-boarded correctly and ensure all pre-trade formalities are completed prior to issue date
Roleincludes preparing various calculations on structured trades (cross asset class) for expiries, coupons, physical pay-offs and drafting fixing notices for custodians.Calculations are calculated using term sheets, confirmations and models built in excel pulling in data from Bloomberg and various data sources.
Responsible for booking Structured Products into various front office systems.Products range from ETP (exchange traded products/notes), range accruals, accumulators, auto-callable, callable notes, FX notes and various other exotic structures.
Working with sales and trading to build the ETP (exchange traded products/notes) business to on-board new trades, automate the flow and work on enhancing the exciting marketing material to ensure this covers all JPM new product range
Work on projects to reducing manual labour, increase controls and mitigated risk of input errors on T
Role includes identifying, implementing and supporting efforts to drive down manual work per trade, and working with other JPM teams in reducing costs within the middle office by taking advantage of our low-cost centres.
To drive the future state of the Structured Products business - improving daily processes to cut down on manual tasks, reduce risks, increase controls and assist in all new business activities.
Skill Set Required
- Excellent product knowledge on a range of Structured Products under various asset classes (Equity Derivatives, FX, Commodities etc)
- Understanding of the booking flows of structured products from FO risk systems, to full product lifecycle management (coupons, knockouts, corporate actions) to settlement (from JPM, to custodians to clearers)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Control mind set
- Time Management, ability to prioritize effectively, to be able to work under pressure in an ever changing and evolving environment while not compromising the quality of the end result
- A team player, capable of building effective business relationships across the organization, an understanding of the difference of what different teams within the bank do and ensuring the correct teams are engaged and utilised when required throughout the life of a trade
- Pro-active approach to problem solving; root cause analysis, identifying solutions and taking ownership of these to resolution
Early start times and late finishing times maybe required