|Job Type:||Full Time|
We continue to grow our Developer Relations dream team in Microsoft Azure engineering division. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Microsoft Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn. This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers.
Sounds exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: https://aka.ms/meettheteam.
We are hiring for a Cloud Developer Advocate Lead with modern Java Cloud Native focus. Do you find yourself building cloud native Java microservices? Are you excited about integrating Spring Boot, Eclipse MicroProfile, Micronaut, or Jakarta EE based Java applications with modern Cloud native practices like side-cart, service mesh, circuit breakers, backpressure, and others? Play with tools like Istio, Envoy, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry, ELK, Grafana and Prometheus? Find yourself excited about the latest Java advancements like Java 11 and GraalVM? Do you also have a passion for developer advocacy and helping set the strategy and tactics that can make Advocacy effective? We want you!
This role can be Remote and/or based in or near any of our offices in the countries listed above.
As a Cloud Developer Advocate Lead focused on Java and Cloud Native deployment, you’ll help create the best cloud platform for Java engineers and open source project owners. You’ll lead a global team of Java Cloud Advocates helping these communities understand how Azure’s platform can be used individually and together for executing Java-based solutions on Linux-based systems through the adoption of Open Source technologies. You’ll be instrumental in helping shape the Java advocacy strategy for Azure while working side-by-side with a team to build a large and vibrant community and nurture great relationships with Java developers online, winning the hearts and minds of our technical audiences at scale.
Specific Job Responsibilities Include
- Geek out on advanced cloud native Java microservices.
- Work with open source tools and libraries to develop exciting and meaningful demos and share your findings with the Java community by creating content, videos, and samples from beginner to best practices that demonstrate how to develop and work with Java Cloud Native workloads on Azure.
- Test drive bleeding edge software and services from Microsoft and incorporate user feedback.
- Champion relevant Azure products and services to your target community at conferences, meetups, hackathons, research symposiums, online forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, and more.
- Scale your efforts by partnering with the Microsoft field and developers in community influencer programs.
- Build relationships with key influencers, Java Champions, JUG Leaders and open source project maintainers to foster a healthy technical community and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with engineering.
- Win the hearts of developers by building and/or contributing to key OSS projects and building cool, useful libraries and tools for Java developers.
- Use data, experiments, and customer feedback to drive growth in your community.
- 4+ years of experience leading developer advocacy teams (or similar experience)
- 8+ years of experience on Java development
- Solid communication skills - ability to be both a strong technical writer as well as a dynamic public speaker.
- Passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud.
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our developers and platform the most successful.
- Travel may be required depending on where local and national developer events are held.
- Previous experience as a developer advocate, developer evangelist, or external developer-focused role.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging required.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.