Role Title: Personal Assistant
Business: Global Markets
New or Existing Role? New
- To provide secretarial/administrative support for Managing Directors + teams within the Global Credit & Rates and to take part in the cover group for that business..
Impact on Business
- Secretarial support for teams:
- Organisation, maintenance and control of diary arrangements for senior MDs/directors and act as a gatekeeper and first point of contact for MDs/directors.
- Telephone coverage for team(s)
- Arrange internal and external meetings, including booking meeting rooms and arranging both internal/external facilities and ensuring MDs have all relevant papers for meetings
- Book travel in line with HSBC Group Policies and organise travel and travel schedules/itineraries including liaison with overseas offices and clients
- Responsible for expense processing in line with HSBC Group Policies for senior management
- Organise events in conjunction with the Events/Roadshows team
- Presentations/database management/ClientMax/Dealogic maintenance as required
- If appropriate, manage recoverable expense process including account set-up and invoicing.
- Undertake specific projects as requested
- Demonstrate awareness of policies and practices of the workplace
Customers / Stakeholders
- Team heads + teams
- Office Manager, Global Markets
- Actively engage and interact with other business constituents within Global Banking and Markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide desk cover for other desk assistants' teams during holiday/sickness and busy periods.
- Proactively suggest and facilitate support improvements/requirements to enable smooth running of team.
- Work with colleagues and peers in the department supporting all Global Markets and foster a sense of community within the office.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Managing of team admin (including update & tracking of holiday/sickness records).
- Working effectively to provide a high quality service to a number of stakeholders.
- Prioritising work to ensure all teams have timely and appropriate arrangements in place.
- Liaising with overseas offices and clients to achieve effective meetings and events.
- Close liaison with Office Manager and other desk assistants.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision whilst lead managers are travelling.
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.