|Job Type:||Full Time|
Assistant Manager Works Authorisation
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities, and we're playing a central role in crafting a growing UK economy.
- Here in the Property Operations Team, we're responsible for the oversight, control, services and maintenance of the Group's properties to ensure a sustainable and safe working environment is provided for customers and colleagues.
As part of the Property Operations Team, you'll work alongside the Works Authorisation Manager with the controls and compliance activities Group Property's quotes by ensuring that the contractual obligations are met, value for money is being achieved, and the correct solutions will be implemented for building and building service related works/projects (Managed Budget, Out of Scope and/or PWR as necessary).
What would you get involved with?
- Support in the review technical project submissions from the internal business areas and authorise in accordance with the contractual requirements, ensuring appropriate delivery route and funding
- Support in the analysis and audit submitted quotes to ensure value for money, budget availability, compliance with regulations and standards and prioritisation in accordance with the contract are being achieved
- Validate cost and financial information to ensure correct budget lines are utilised and that billing data is correct
- Instigate and manage an audit process (as required) to validate the contractual requirements are being achieved
- Ensure cognisance is taken of Health and Safety standards and that appropriate H&S measures are in place by reviewing project documentation and processes
- Maintain and monitor project tracking systems - updating information as required
- Manage individual capital budget lines as requested and report against budget allocation monthly
- Input data and maintain a tracker to monitor progress of all projects and works
- Produce ad - hoc reporting of costs and budget line spend
- Facilitate and manage the production of updates detailing required information (e.g. value and volume)
- Analyse and advise upon trends per budget line and implement mitigating actions to ensure budgets are achieved
- Ensure quotes are suitable when considered against estate strategy, recommending amendments to scope accordingly.
- Grant emergency approval to works that are deemed emergency or following a major incident
- Assist in audit/review of BAU/under £1k quotations submitted
- Manage volume of quote approvals dependent on incoming volumes, highlighting and recommending mitigating actions to reduce and control any backlog of quotes.
What skills and experience can you bring to the role?
- Have a building services background would be ideal if external but training can be given but will increase time to get fully into the role
- Be able to use Microsoft office -especially excel
- Be able to multitask and deal with extremely short deadlines
- Ability to make on the spot decisions.
- Be able to think outside the box regarding a proposal to ensure the correct solution for on-site issues.
- Good Communication skills- a large portion is dealing with internal colleagues and external contractors daily
And in return...
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
LBG is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
So if you have the skills we're seeking and you're looking for your next step, we'd love to hear from you!