|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameOE South East Head of Planning (113681) G1
About Network Rail
We at network rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here
As a Planning Assistant (Access) you will provide support and assistance to the Planning Specialist (Access) in the creation and optimisation of the Possession Access Plan for Kent & Sussex in accordance with the planning processes and procedures.
About the role (External)
As Planning Assistant (Access) you will support the integration ofall access and TSR requests for a designated element of the Area plan, working alongside a Planning Specialist (Access).
You will process a variety of planning requests and you will help to keep our systems and records up to date. We'll look to you for support in making the best use of available resources, so we can do the best job possible. Taking a flexible approach, you'll always be ready to support changes to plans or respond to emergencies. Along the way, you'll communicate with a wide range of people, to make sure plans come together.
Key responsibilities include:
1.Manage effective relationships with internal and external customers.
2.Assist in the identification and implementation of quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
3.Actively participate in self-development of the individual.
4.Comply with company procedures in respect of training, development, safety and Diversity & Inclusion.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Able to work under pressure within a continuous planning process
- Good communication skills and a customer focussed approach
- Knowledge of access planning processes and systems (including office and bespoke company systems)
- Able to work unsupervised for long periods of time and proactively request additional work activities
- Knowledge of the operational railway environment
- Highly organised
- Familiar with the geography of Kent & Sussex
- Able to evaluate complex factors and escalate any issues required that require resolving to maximise the benefit to Network Rail
- Able to integrate worksite requests into possessions and assist with the optimisation the possession plan
- Able to understand aspects of worksite and possession parameters.
How to apply (External)
Salary: Circa £23,000-£28,000
Closing date: 6th April 2020
How to apply: Please click 'apply now' to apply.
We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information