|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Senior Engineering Hydrogeologist/ Groundwater Engineer in our Foundations & Geotechnics team, you will support the Principal Engineering Hydrogeologist alongside working with our team of groundwater specialists on a wide range of UK and international projects involving investigation through to design and construction. You will be involved in groundwater control outline design and provide advice to colleagues and external stakeholders. Additionally, you will mentor our early career professionals and provide internal training to hydrogeologists and the wider geotechnical engineering community.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical support to Engineers, Clients and Contractor (including meeting attendance and delivering presentations)
- Commercial management and project delivery support
- All aspects of groundwater input and review to geotechnical baseline/interpretive reports, and design reports (including derivation of temporary and permanent works pressure profiles)
Due to the nature of work, there may be periods of travel overseas required.
Does this sound like you?
As an Engineering Hydrogeologist or Groundwater Engineer, you have experience in the design, supervision and analysis of hydrogeological or hydrological investigations as well as monitoring instrumentation. You have worked in either a Consultancy or Contractor environment and are able to work as part of a team as well as on your own to deliver to required deadlines on multiple projects. You are comfortable writing technical reviews and have previously been involved in groundwater flow modelling.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree qualified in Engineering/ Geology or equivalent (Masters or PhD in Hydrogeology or equivalent would be advantageous
- Chartered with a recognised industry body or close to submitting your Chartership application
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to supervise and guide early career professionals
- Experience of undertaking and writing or presenting technical reviews
Although not essential, any experience in seepage modelling or project management would be beneficial.
A little about us
Metros and Civils (a sub-division of Transportation) manages and delivers projects for major below ground civil projects, and is recognised as authoritative and cutting edge. We specialise in all aspects of foundations, geotechnics and tunnelling, and contribute to some of the largest and most demanding structures in the world - including HS2, Thames Tideway, Crossrail, Doha Metro, and a number of hydropower schemes in Georgia, Albania and Zambia.
Supporting our civil design capability, we have specialist engineering geology, hydrogeology, numerical modelling, and seismic expertise within the division. In addition, our engineering hydrogeologists work with the wider network of hydrogeologists (water resources / contaminated land) across the company.
How to apply
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application and read the full job description and candidate specification. We welcome applicants looking for either full-time or part-time working. Please apply with a copy of your CV and Covering Letter detailing your interest in the position along with whether you are interested in a full or part time (including how many days) role.
We offer a competitive benefits package including our flexible benefits scheme covering additional holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan and much more. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.