|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a pro-active, robust person that welcomes the opportunity to be part of establishing and developing team. The Procurement Adviser will support the Group Procurement Managers to deliver their procurement, supplier oversight and reporting objectives.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
Group Procurement is a function within Schroders that reports to the Group Financial Controller. The function delivers commercial expertise to protect and maximise value across the full procurement lifecycle, supporting the delivery of Schroders' corporate strategy. Group Procurement has a global responsibility to provide oversight of Schroders' supply chain.
What you'll do
This role will provide procurement support across the Group in order to maximise the long term value from all that Schroders procures. This will involve the identification and implementation of global procurement opportunities in a geographically dispersed environment with respect to supplier management, sourcing, systems, processes and reporting. The role will be based in London. The Procurement Adviser will support the Group Procurement Manager(s) to deliver their procurement, supplier oversight and reporting objectives.
The Procurement Adviser responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Supporting and leading strategic sourcing, contract and supplier assurance in support of business
- Data analytics to inform strategy and enable oversight capabilities
- Capture of all contract and supplier related information to provide proficient reporting
- Delivery across a spectrum of business areas to determine the appropriate approach to market, optimum commercial models and supplier relationships for a product/service.
- To work closely with internal business colleagues to understand their requirements, mapping these to the sourcing strategy in line with overall procurement strategy.
- To provide procurement services that deliver maximum commercial advantage to Schroders including selection and application of appropriate procurement processes for a particular product/service.
- Developing stakeholder relationships, challenging and influencing to ensure the best outcome for Schroders.
- To negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers for all products/services.
- Champion continual improvement and procurement best practice within the global business.
- Contributing to the strategic goals of Procurement, Finance and Schroders
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Demonstrable experience operating in a commercially focussed / strategic procurement team
- Proactivity, positivity and tenacity; possesses strong intellectual curiosity in the work Group Procurement and Schroders does and the impact we have on the market
- Notable level of procurement delivery including RFx, market analysis, supplier management and oversight.
- Contract review and data capture to enable reporting and oversight
- Flexible approach to work with an ability to adapt to change
- Excellent levels of communication, able to influence and persuade others, whilst building strong working relationships
- Track record of global/regional delivery across complex environments
- Demonstrable experience of utilising and managing procurement systems and tools
- Strong analytics experience in order to understand and interpret information, bringing insight
- Excellent organisation, presentation and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent IT and numeracy skills
What you'll be like
- What Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Friendly, approachable, enjoys working and contributing to the team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic and time critical environment
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
- Earn respect from colleagues and willing to complete tasks at either end of the complexity spectrum.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.