|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Media Relations Manager to work as part of Schroders in-house Media Relations Team.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients and society to prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
Schroders Media Relations team is responsible for Schroders public image and overall relationship with the media. The team focusses on all aspects of media relations and implementing the Schroders group media relations strategy on both specific product and thematic campaigns, building relationships with journalists from key publications in order to disseminate our messages to our target media.
We work with a range of journalists across the media landscape, from titles targeted at retail and consumer investors to ESG focussed institutional investor titles, with each requiring a different tone and focus.
The team sits centrally in the business, and therefore operates with all business areas from Investment to Technology, with opportunities to work closely with senior management across the business.
What you'll do
- Implement the group PR strategy, working closely with the media relations team and directly with the Head of Media Relations
- Working as a media relations adviser with our heads of marketing across the business to ensure the PR strategy is aligned with our business priorities and strategic capabilities
- Manage our global PR agencies
- Manage press programmes for key senior investment and distribution spokespeople
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining key UK national business, UK trade press contacts, ESG consumer focused and key technology titles to ensure the UK business news is communicated and leveraged to maximum effect
- Work with the media relations team to drive a collaboration approach, working on projects and sharing knowledge
- Ensure the governance including media training, compliance framework process and procedures are followed
- The job holder has responsibility for ensuring that the output of all press releases and investment commentary are of both a high quality and accurate.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Experience media relations experience, either in-house or in consultancy
- Financial services experience in media relations
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that might help
- Experience of working as a journalist would be beneficial
- Degree qualification
- Asset Management media relations experience
What you'll be like
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
- A critical thinker who's able to look at stories and pick out key messages
- Excellent written and verbal English skills, understanding how nuances can influence communications
- Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
- Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
- Keen to improve what we do for our internal clients
- A driven person who enjoys exploring new avenues for new media relations opportunities
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.