|Job Type:||Full Time|
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a hardworking and inspiring Release Manager to coordinate and deliver the completion of all readiness activities for implementing complex or multi-platform changes (support) into digital and non-digital channels, ensuring that a clear schedule of events is agreed and all governance requirements are met.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare chance to create a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit accurately into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Team Release Manager mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and build an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
- You'll engage with various Service Delivery teams and Value Streams to have a clear line of sight of the change portfolio and handle the Implementation resources and other partners accordingly.
- You'll design and implement bespoke implementation strategies to support complex/non-standard changes, viewing change from various perspectives - customer, service, performance, operations.
Key accountabilities of this role include
- Engaging with the various Labs/Project/Programme team to have a clear line of sight of the change portfolio and manage the Release Management activity accordingly
- Supporting delivery route to live
- Design and implementation of bespoke implementation strategies to support highly complex/non-standard/multi-platform changes, viewing change from various perspectives - customer, service, performance, operations
- Management of release entry criteria - ensure the release meets stringent quality criteria, balancing the needs of the organisation against the protection of the service to the customers
- Liaising with relevant parties where release quality is not met in order to rectify in a timely manner
- Identify, assess, handle and mitigate significant risks and issues in order to ensure delivery within declared timescales while protecting customer experience
What we're looking for:
- Understanding of technical IT infrastructure and application stacks for web-based services
- Experience of scheduling IT change on complex IT environments and managing multiple dependencies
- Analytical skills, organisational awareness, self/work organisation and project management
- Procedural/Product/Specialist knowledge
- MS Office including: Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Project advanced
- Highly collaborative; forging strong trust-based relationships and interacting with stakeholders at different levels
- Ability to effectively communicate to a variety of stakeholders
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrate energy, pace and self-confidence overcoming challenges and being prepared to challenge the status quo
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture passionate about making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
Sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...