|Job Type:||Full Time|
Technical Product Owner
Glasgow Technology Centre
The Banking Technology team are looking for a Technical Product Owner with experience in the data warehousing and big data (Hadoop-based data platforms) domain. The role will be responsible for design, analysis and program management across the delivery of a data warehouse migration to a next generation enterprise data hub (EDH). The project will include the migration of reports (Cognos), analytical tools (QlikSense, Qlik View) and applications onto the new environment.
The role will have significant connectivity with upstream data providers and downstream consumers. First class stakeholder management with all consumers will be vital in ensuring successful project delivery in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in business analysis and product ownership, with the ability to solve complex data problems across legacy and future state technology.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Business Intelligence and Data, understanding our customer’s needs and business drivers to shape appropriate solutions
- Defining the delivery of features for a multi-component data warehouse migration program of work by articulating user-stories, writing functional and non-functional requirements documents, and ensuring delivered product meets objectives and key results
- Undertaking analysis of complex data model across multiple interdependent data sources
- Lead sprint planning, sprint review, retrospectives and process improvement efforts across the program of work, leveraging SCRUM/JIRA
- Test case validation & creation of BDD/TDD
- Implementing Data Governance, data quality and compliance standards
- Ensuring appropriate use of data across for all downstream consumers and the continuous improvement of data standards and their associated production needs
- Partnering with business and technical stakeholders to understand, define, deliver, and track product-efforts
- Be responsible and accountable to the quality of the end-user experience through user-research and stakeholder relationships; including the influencing of prioritization and direction
- Perform reporting duties on business effort across the program and ensure timely delivery of business goals through direct management or coordination with peer teams
- Execute project goals and milestones, communicate roadmap updates, and provide release status on a scheduled basis
- Ability to innovate, think laterally and develop concepts that are embraced by end users
- Demonstrable experience as a Business Analyst / Product Owner in the Business Intelligence, Big Data or ETL domains
- Experience working on the implementation or development of an enterprise Big Data platform
- Understanding of data management (e.g. reference data, Master Data Management, structured/unstructured data, big data, etc)
- Technical understanding of coding languages (SQL, PL/SQL, QL Python, R)
- Ability to map data flow through a Hadoop system
- Experience of the full SDLC's
- Well rounded and detail focused technologist with innovative problem solving skills
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely, communicating effectively and comfortably with senior stakeholders
- Ability to face off to very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations in a fast paced environment
- First class communication and presentation skills
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase& Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.
If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.