|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This position is for a Java Developer to join an Agile team. The application will be designed as a suite of micro-services that will be cloud-enabled and will leverage a high level of test automation and deployment automation to achieve Continuous Integration and Delivery.
The team is a cross-functional team responsible for the end-to-end, full stack development of the application. While each team member has a primary skill set, they are also expected to learn and contribute to areas outside of their primary skill set. The team is highly collaborative and values continuous improvement and open communication.
You will be expected to be a well-regarded and respected individual contributor; possess strong inter-personal skills, as well as proven track record of application development with skills in Java, distributed cache technology and building scalable robust systems. In return you will have opportunity to gain exposure to designing, developing and deploying application to the internal/external cloud.
The day to day activities of the role will encompass the full project lifecycle, including:
Writing mission critical software in the core technologies listed below Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks Digesting Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality in partnership with SMEs Ability to understand business processes and map them to solutions Working with global team of developers; operational business SMEs and users
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development
- Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Proficiency in Java, Spring, Kafka or Spark and Microservices.
- Experience in TDD, Test Automation, Cucumber.
- Working with a Distributed Cache (Gemfire, Hazel, Memcache)Multi-threaded Programming and Transaction Handling (JMS, Database)Source code control software (e.g. Git, subversion),Google Protocol buffers or similar binary message transport.
- Experience working on high throughput mission critical high performance platforms which have low error rates Some RDBMS experience exposure
- Cloud foundry or Amazon AWS experience
- Experience with Service Orientated ArchitecturesTrack record delivering in Investment Bank Environment
- UNIX shell scripting
- Cucumber or Selenium
- Functional Programming Languages such as Groovy
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase& Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.
If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.