|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Microsoft engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Microsoft Clouds, Azure and Microsoft 365, and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn. This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: aka.ms/meettheteam
We are hiring for a Cloud Developer Advocate who is excited about potentially making millions of businesses more productive and better connected. This will be done with a focus on Collaborative App Developers, using Microsoft 365 productivity platforms, including Microsoft Teams Developer Platform, Microsoft Graph and the Fluid Framework. Do you find yourself building Bots? Are you excited about integrating Microsoft Graph data into line of business applications? Are you extending Teams with your custom application? Are you spending time with SharePoint or Azure Active Directory? Find yourself excited about the latest Microsoft Graph schemas? Spend your days letting your mind wander on how you can integrate Microsoft Office Data in your internal Productivity Applications? Use tools like curl and OAuth? Spend your free time pouring over the latest research on collaboration software? We want you!
This role can be Remote and/or based in or near any of our offices in the countries listed above.
As a Cloud Developer Advocate focused on Collaborative Applications using Microsoft 365, you’ll help create the best developer platform for collaborative application developers. You’ll help these communities understand how Microsoft 365 platforms can be used individually and together for creating collaborative business applications leveraging. You’ll be instrumental in building a large and vibrant community for Microsoft 365 and nurture great relationships with developers online, create amazing samples and content, and focus on winning the hearts and minds of our technical audiences at scale.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Create content, videos, and samples from beginner to best practices that demonstrates how to develop collaborative apps using Microsoft 365 services.
- Champion relevant Microsoft 365 services in your local community at conferences, meetups, coding boot camps, online forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, and more.
- Network and build relationships with the top developer thought leaders in your local community and earn their trust and respect for Microsoft technologies.
- Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy technical community, and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with engineering.
- Scale your efforts by partnering with the Microsoft field and developers in community programs like Microsoft MVPs, Docker Captains, Oracle Java Champions, etc.
- Win the hearts and minds of developers by building and/or contributing to key OSS projects and building cool, useful, or productive apps.
- Use data, experiments, and customer feedback to drive growth in your community.
- 3+ years of experience of development experience
- Experience and skills with Web Development and using REST APIs
- Demonstrated experience in building business applications, and using Teams Developer Platform, Microsoft Graph or collaboration frameworks
- Experience with similar platforms like Slack or GSuite APIs.
- Solid communication skills - ability to be both a strong technical writer as well as a dynamic public speaker.
- Passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud.
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our developers and platform the most successful.
- Travel may be required depending on where local and national developer events are held.
- Previous experience as a developer advocate, developer evangelist, or external developer-focused role.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Australia, Brazil, Canada, EU, France, Germany, Israel, South Korea, Netherlands, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, UAB, UK