|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for multiple PSV/HGV Mechanics/Technicians to join our busy team in Wells
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Mechanic position could just be the job for you!
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Skilled Mechanic/Technician with previous experience, preferably with knowledge of PCV/HGV vehicles.
The salary for this position is £32,500 per year (£16 per hour) and the working hours are 39 per week (shift to be discussed at interview stage)
What will you be doing?
As a Mechanic/Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used
- Carry out vehicle servicing and routine vehicle examinations using hand held data capture devices if applicable
- Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to identify specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with buses & coaches would be an advantage
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!