|Location:||Reading, United Kingdom|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services. To help drive this effort, Microsoft is investing in the creation of a dedicated customer engineering team that will play a key role in helping Microsoft customers achieve this digital transformation through successful adoption of Microsoft Cloud solution and Services.
The Azure Customer Engineering Team operates within the Customer Success (CS) organization, which focuses on Microsoft’s Cloud and AI Platform from within the Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB). Customer Success is an enterprise organization within Microsoft that is responsible for helping customers to build, deploy and operate Microsoft’s Cloud and AI platform.
The Azure Customer Engineering team is a highly technical team that operates globally and is responsible for:
- Working directly with our most strategic customer projects worldwide to ensure they are successful on the Azure platform, with a special focus on designing and helping customers to build production applications and reduce technical debt.
- Providing a positive impact to the strategic direction of Azure engineering teams by ensuring they fully understand the end to end technical details of their services through the eyes of our customers.
- Curating and producing high quality guidance for our internal and external communities, to share best practices with the larger community worldwide.
- The development and mentorship of technical delivery personnel within the Customer Success organization.
We are looking for hands-on analytics engineers to join our diverse, talented, high performance, and rapidly growing Azure Customer Engineering team within EMEA. The position is deeply technical and highly solution focused with unique opportunities to work on the most challenging and exciting projects using the Azure platform, as well as providing an opportunity to drive feedback into core Azure products to help improve the platform.
Azure Customer Engineers are senior individual contributors who operate globally and engage directly with customers. It is a hands-on technical role spanning across design, build, and production with a focus on issue resolution to remove customer production blockers. Candidates are expected to comfortably switch from a whiteboard to the Azure Portal and Visual Studio (or an alternative IDE) or PowerShell (or other scripting environment). This is a truly exciting role that will feature unique and challenging technical problems to solve, with opportunities to connect with and learn from some of the best software engineers in the world.
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Power BI)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform,
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educate customers on Azure platform
- Drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs) and the broader Microsoft field in Enterprise accounts segment of our business.
There may be up to 50% travel for this role as Azure Customer Engineers are sometimes expected to work on-site with customers across EMEA, with an occasional need to be in Redmond WA to engage directly with the broader Customer Engineering Team and Azure engineering teams.
Azure Customer Engineers are remote workers that can be based across different Microsoft locations or home offices depending on individual circumstances.
The ideal candidate will have a breadth of knowledge across Azure and analytical topics, as well as specialist hands-on expertise in topics from one or more of the technical areas below:
- Working with structured and unstructured data in Big Data scenarios using technologies such as Azure Synapse, SQL Data Warehouse, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift, HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, and data lake concepts
- Advanced Analytics using technologies such as Databricks and Spark.
- Developing streaming workloads using technologies such as Spark streaming, Flink, Kafka streams and Storm.
- Visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and Qlik.
- Data governance, logging and lineage.
- Data Science deployments and the use of frameworks such as Pandas and TensorFlow.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud infrastructure, architecture design, database migrations, and technology management.
- Artificial Intelligence, preferably using Azure Cognitive Services and the Microsoft Bot Framework.
- Machine Learning, preferably using Azure ML and ML Server.
Candidates must also exhibit a technical propensity to learn new technologies and stay abreast of Azure advancements and understand relevant cloud trends across the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field is preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.