|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Analyst VP
We need a strong, hands on lead business analyst for JPMC’s Corporate & Investment Bank with a proven track record in large-scale technology programs. Our end-to-end, award winning Product Management team within the post trade technology space delivers complex, high impacting, high quality & timely solutions across different platforms for a variety of CIB stakeholders. These programs can range from cybersecurity to trade booking (cash securities or derivatives) to positioning and PNL. The ability to bridge the gap between business and numerous technology teams is paramount in this role, to drive the business forward in their objectives.
- Agile business & storytelling: gather detailed requirements from different & fascinating business stakeholder groups to illustrate data & operational models using a variety of techniques that work for you be it UML, user journeys or user stories. JIRA documentation where appropriate & participate in product backlog & sprint planning sessions.
- Consider a beautiful user experience (UX) of our colleagues whose desktop may traverse many apps in the stack. This may mean designing UI wireframes should the UX require a UI delivery.
- Solid, proactive project management – timeline & dependency management, implementation approach, go live strategy, documenting risks & issues, reporting to senior technology & business management, escalate where appropriate.
- Deliver full E2E results - Guiding & encouraging teams who need to deliver for your program & may be out-with our space, be it other technology teams, Compliance, Finance, business management, Front / Middle/ Back office operations etc.
- Participate in large scale testing with partnering teams & stakeholders to design & run UAT tests covering the end to end journey
- On-point communications – we need to discuss/present/ escalate information appropriate for developers, senior tech management, users on the ground and senior program sponsors, who have sophisticated knowledge with regards to technology. Bring the wow factor
- Go Live documentation: to be well written & relied on for years to come
- Ability to understand end-to-end lifecycle of financial products – emphasis on control & regulatory requirements
- Clearly define, present & discuss both business and technical requirements in the agile epic/ user story model within JIRA
- Be willing to roll up sleeves and get into the technical detail of projects (Sybase, XML, FIX, SWIFT etc)
- Balance short term vs long term goals, in the context of strategic firmwide initiatives
- Experience of agile, scrum & sprint planning activities
- Verbal comms must be clear & open
- Written comms need to be concise, short & audience centric
- Gorgeous presentation material to help sell the products & hard work of the program teams
- Proactive, self motivated, flexible with a positive attitude
- Organization skills; being able to track sometimes upwards of 50 dependencies
- Multi-tasking under pressure
- Experience with working with development, architecture & infrastructure teams
- Experience in writing UAT plans/scripts and managing users throughout testing
- Background in the cash equities business
- Training in user experience (UX)
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Good years experience within similar industry area
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase& Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.
If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.