|Location:||Brighton and Hove|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our staff are contributing to schemes that make a real difference to people's lives, both at home and abroad, and we are looking for a talented CAD & BIM technician who can help us provide yet greater benefits to yet more people.
Consolidation within the engineering sector continues apace, but we still stand as a bastion of the employee ownership model - independent in thought and action, making decisions based on what is best for our clients and our staff.
Our Brighton office is home to a vibrant team of water and wastewater engineers, along with other technical specialists. Their workload and client base are remarkably diverse, covering projects with Southern Water and Thames Water (amongst other utility companies), the Environment Agency, other central/local government bodies, and private companies (UK and international).
A bit about your role
You will play a key technical role within the team, with the potential to deploy your talents in a number of different ways. You will produce 3D models in collaboration with other staff and external partners, including "preliminary", "construction" and "as built" drawings. You will also produce outputs from these models for various uses by other disciplines (eg: structural and hydraulic analysis, setting out on site, stakeholder engagement). You will have the opportunity to advise staff and client representatives about the applications of BIM.
Projects that you might expect to get involved in will include flood risk alleviation, sewer rehabilitation, and water/wastewater treatment works. You will be involved in the full design lifecycle of each project. Furthermore, you will be encouraged to research and advise on BIM innovations, and assist the team in the Implementation thereof, with the potential to co-ordinate small teams.
Required criteria for ideal BIM & CAD Technician
- Strong 3D modelling skills (particularly Civil 3D, Revit structure)
- Able to work on your own initiative, whilst displaying a commitment to contribute to, and learn from, the wider team
- An appreciation of civil engineering design and construction, experience in schematics would be beneficial
- Familiar with developing standards and implementing them across teams
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
Ideal but not essential;
- Experience of civil engineering design in the water/wastewater or environment sectors
- Experience in Navisworks, Revit MEP, Bentley ProjectWise, BIM360
- Familiarity with working to industry modelling standards
- Knowledge of ISO19650/PAS1192/BS1192