|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a project manager with experience within the water sector?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team providing a comprehensive, accurate and cost-effective project management service to our client.
The role will require monitoring the performance of a main contractor and the progress of a project, being accountable during the implementation and handover phases, managing the interface between the contractor and internal and external stakeholders in the resolution of issues affecting progress. Will be named Project Manager within an NEC3 Contract, and as such will have the contractual powers under the contract.
- Delivery of commission obligations and internal project performance
- Establishing effective communications across the project delivery, client and stakeholder teams
- Taking the lead on problem solving and decision making
- Team leadership, resource management and task allocation
- Controlling the internal and external commercial aspects of projects across a range of contractual arrangements
- Adoption of programme and business management systems across project teams
- Mentoring more junior members of staff in project management
- Securing opportunities and repeat business
- Degree in a construction, engineering, project management subject or similar qualification
- Substantial project management expertise across a wide range of disciplines and market sectors, and proven track record of managing different contractual arrangements / procurement routes
- Substantial experience of managing and leading large project teams to successful outcomes
- Strong client and stakeholder relationship building skills
- Effective communication, with clients, project team and business manager
- High degree of commercial acumen and knowledge of planning and project controls
- Ability to create an enjoyable and fulfilling work environment
- Experience of delivering projects and programmes using NEC3 forms of contract.Desirable:
- Demonstrable track record of successful business development
- NEC3: ECC Project Manager accredited
- Experienced in the use of contract management software eg. CEMAR
- Membership of the APM, working towards RPP & FAPMEquality, diversity and inclusion statement:
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
We can offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
* An annual professional institution subscription
* Life insurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
* Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management. Our water and environment portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in four key sectors of rail, highways, land and aviation. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia while supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe.