|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
We are currently looking for a project manager to join our team in London working projects within the built environment.
The role of Project Manager will be to perform in a customer facing environment, providing specialist quantity surveying advice to a range of internal and external clients across the buildings built environment portfolio.
Tasks will include:
- Establishing and delivering project specific objectives
- Providing overall management to project and assists in establishing and delivering project specific objectives
- Providing direction and guidance to team members, maintains close client interface, and helps ensures all facet of the project are delivered in accordance with the design brief, budget and schedule
- Providing leadership to the project team to deliver the clients' objectives
- Responsibility for project profit/loss
- Providing key support to the senior leaders in the delivery of commission obligations and internal project performance
- Contributing to open communications across the project delivery and client teams
- Establishing effective communications across the project delivery, client and stakeholder teams
- Problem solving and decision making
- Adopting programme and business management systems across project teams
- Controlling the internal and external commercial aspects of project across a range of contractual arrangements
- Mentoring colleagues in the skills of project management
- Contributing to securing opportunities and repeat business through the high quality of service delivery
- A degree in Project Management or other construction related discipline (engineering, architecture, surveying etc)
- Chartered professional, ideally RICS, APM or CIOB but other disciplines will be considered
- Track record of leading and delivering projects within the built environment but a focus on transportation related projects is desirable.
- Experience of contract administration (NEC, JCT or other)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good client and stakeholder relationship building skills
- Good knowledge of project planning and other tools for project control
- Commercially aware
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
Our Built Environment portfolio is primarily a UK business working in both the public and private sector of the construction market. We provide cost and project management services for a wide range of clients including central government, local authorities and private clients. We work in the majority of buildings market sectors including workplace, residential, law and order, health, education, retail, sports and commercial property. Our vision is to provide added value to our clients business through high quality services and our people.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
* An annual professional institution subscription
* Life insurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
* Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
Does this sound interesting to you? Get in touch today!