|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
- Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations
- Excellent understanding of Database concepts and deployments
- Experience supporting or maintaining complex mission critical database solutions, RDMS technologies, and/or SQL language
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems, determine root cause and develop solutions
- Excellent Communication Skills - verbal, listening, and written (including technical writing).
- Passion for technology, lifelong learning and professional development.
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
- Experience supporting Azure or other cloud-based solutions
- Microsoft certifications in data platform or Azure technologies
- Experience troubleshooting distributed solutions
- Experience troubleshooting Open Source Databases like MySQL, Postgre SQL, etc.,
- Basic Networking, Storage and Platform troubleshooting skills
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
- Good Communication Skills - spoken and written English (including technical writing). Additional languages are a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills and customer focused attitude.
- Three or more years’ in-depth systems deployment, admin or technical support, software support or IT Consulting
- Effective learning skills and the ability to learn on the go
- Strong problem-solving skills, includes troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution, good judgment/decision making ability.
- Genuine passion for technology and desire and aptitude to increase technical skill level required.
- Recent work experience in a customer facing support role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Experience of building relationships with customers
- Ability to build the trust of a community
- Self-motivation and an ability to use initiative
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
We have Support Engineer roles in Azure DB.
Therefore, we are interested in people with skillsets in any of the below, we do not expect you to have everything, just the relevant skills for the team you are interested in:
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server either on-premises or Azure DB.
- Experience with Relational Database management systems and concepts
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 / 2014 /SQL 2016 at dev level (SQL language, Stored Procedures, etc.)
- Experience with Hadoop or another Big Data/Analytics technology
- Azure Core Platform (Compute/IaaS VM, azure Storage, Azure Networking)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.