|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced Estimator seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
* Be responsible for the provision of cost estimates up to appropriate Delivery Milestone within the programme area.
* Develop the estimating working practices within the programme area
* Ensure governance of ALL stakeholders is achieved within agreed timescales
* Ensure stakeholder costs are broken down to an appropriate level
* Provide high level solution costs for risk and value process evaluation
* Compile & submit to Procurement Department initial 'requisition' procurement schedule to identify forward demand
* Ensure that the challenge of sustainability is recognised within the proposed solution including carbon benefits.
* Liaison with 3rd Parties - including land compensation, enabling teams etc and ensure adequate provision has been made for the respective allowances in the estimate
* Be responsible for the utilisation and implementation of standard products within the estimating package:
* Lean techniques, to increase predictability and productivity whilst reducing waste
* Standard products in the Product Catalogue within programmes
* Liaise with stakeholders to provide advice and identify risk and opportunities
* Ensure Programme and estimating package are aligned
* Ensure that the delivery team have a clear understanding of the delivery strategy;
* Solution cost build ups including detailed scheme breakdowns for gang structure, materials and production outputs etc. are provided at pre-start meeting
* Clear understanding of the financial issues of each scheme - risk & opportunities
* Familiarity with an existing estimating package CANDY, CONQUEST CAUSEWAY COST EX etc
* Extensive experience of working in infrastructure projects, ideally in the water sector but not limited to
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
* An annual professional institution subscription
* Life insurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
* Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have
Mott MacDonald are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Does this sound interesting to you? Get in touch today!