|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
* Manage all pre-contract aspects of a project or programme of projects including:
o Ensuring robust estimates are provided that are aligned to scope and make allowances for all risks and opportunities
o Managing the procurement process including ensuring that all strategies are developed and agreed and that tender processes including invitation, return and negotiation are followed correctly
* Ensuring robust cost & contract management is undertaken at all times including:
o Accurate forecasting taking into account the project programme
o Costs are properly monitored and assessed against the baseline estimate, and in accordance with the Contract.
o Providing accurate commercial reports, on actual costs v estimate and identifying underlying reasons for any variance and mitigation measures/areas to out perform
o Ensure that the contracts are properly administered including change
o Ensuring that proper records are kept so that all financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available
o Contributing to value engineering
o Providing commercial advice to the project/programme team
* Supporting and developing more junior members of staff
* Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying subject (or equivalent)
* MRICS qualifies
* Ideally previous NEC contract experience
* Previous experience of managing Target Cost contracts
* Previous experience working in the Water industry, or other Infrastructure background is essential
* Proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy or Main Contractor
* Demonstrate experience of pre contract and post contract surveying duties
* Ability to build relationships both with internal management and externally with key client stakeholders
* Experienced in making decisions and presenting findings back to the client and internal stakeholders
* Previous experience of working in client offices
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
Our vision (with the help of you) is to deliver major projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
* An annual professional institution subscription
* Life insurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance