|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced Project Director looking for a new venture?
Interested in joining a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy?
Looking to develop and expand your portfolio with a range of exciting projects?
If so, please read on…
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
Our transportation portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in four key sectors of rail, highways, land and aviation. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia while supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe.
Required criteria for the ideal Project Principal for this position within our Highways account:
* Industry recognised project and programme management qualifications. i.e. MSP, MOP, PMI APM or demonstrable equivalent experience.
* Significant experience of leading complex Infrastructure projects or programmes.
* Demonstrable experience of full lifecycle programme management.
* Flexibility in work location across the estate where required.
* The ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated, driven and have a strong track record of delivering significant projects, demonstrating flexibility and a wide breadth of knowledge.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to ensure success, as this role will involve high-level stakeholders
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to form an inclusive environment with isolated teams within client offices
* Experience within an operational environment
* Experience in bidding
* Local Councils
The projects we work on are some of the largest engineering projects in the UK and often at the cutting edge of technology. We aim to have an impact, both on the teams we work in, and through the challenging engineering and infrastructure projects we work in. We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following;
* Definition of project outcomes, success factors, and delivery solution.
* Senior leadership and direction of project teams, providing support and mentoring to Project Managers and their teams.
* Highly proactive support into customer, anticipating their needs and communicating back to project team. "Be the voice of the customer to the project team, and the voice of the project team to the customer".
* Resolve project delivery problems as they occur.
* Ensure project teams follow appropriate project, schedule, financial, risk etc management practices.
* Support wider nuclear initiatives as directed.
* Development, pursuit, and preparation of bids.
* Monitor and seek to anticipate pipeline of work
* Contribute significantly to the continuing development of customer relationships and growth of our business, identifying parallel action to align our business effectively for future work.
* Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners, suppliers and stakeholders
We can offer:
You're probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you'll get:
* Training Plan and Support: receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We'll support you on your journey towards gaining chartered status with the Institute of Consulting (IC).
* Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the start of your career with us, you'll have biannual salary reviews.
* A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you're given a salary that matches the current industr