An exciting opportunity has arisen within Freightliner Maintenance Ltd for an Assistant Stores Manager to be based at our Leeds Vehicle Maintenance Facility to manage the material supply chain for the Diesel Locomotive Fleet.
The Assistant Materials Manager will be responsible for optimising the day to day efficiency of the Stores function.
- Adhere to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards
- Ensure Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are applied and followed.
- The day to day management of the diesel fleet stores team
- Deputise for Stores Manager as required
- Create and maintain weekly materials availability reports
- Identify and monitor risks to the supply chain
- Effectively liaise with suppliers and communicate with internal stakeholders
- Commitment to safe working practices
- Experience within the role of Materials Controller /Logistics Controller/ Buyer/ Materials Management
- Good understanding of MRP processes
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally & externally
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software packages
- Knowledge of budgets and the ability to work within them
The successful applicant should be a safety conscious and motivated self-starter, a fully versatile team member who has well established experience within a stores/materials supply environment. Although this position will usually work Mon – Fri days, a flexible approach to working hours is essential as the stores function operates 24/7, and there may be a requirement to work out of usual hours from time to time.
This post is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
- A competitive salary with opportunities for overtime paid at regular intervals
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Generous leave entitlement
- Generous employee benefits package, including attractive corporate discounts.
- Training and development opportunities
We fully support a healthy work/life balance and have a free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme to promote well-being.