|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an Education Development Engineer, you will create technical course content
and supporting materials for technical support engineers using a wide variety
of delivery methods.
And what else you will be managing?
Courses which will be on enterprise server, solution and storage associated
software. The product families associated within our datacenter segment are
ThinkSystem, ThinkAgile, ThinkServer, System x, BladeCenter, cluster
(iDataPlex, NeXtScale, Linux Clusters), storage, cloud, and networking.
Course delivery includes eLearning, remote and instructor-led. To be
successful in this role, you must be able to manage initiatives while
developing relationships with peers across functions and outside of the
The team consists of instructors, technical writers, multimedia specialists,
and enhanced content developers focused on delivery methods that display real
world scenarios via simulation and product demonstration. We have a lab
available for remote access full of Lenovo DCG systems hardware and solutions,
and software needed to develop the technical content.
- This person will be co-located with the Data Center Group (DCG) Services
Create instructor materials (course outlines, background material,
instructional materials, and training aids).
Works with project managers, subject matter experts, product development,
Mentor other instructors in the subject matter, content, and course delivery
techniques for assigned technical courses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in developing technical training collateral for global training
providers, professional services consultants, or technical support according
to individuals objectives.
- Experience delivering training sessions, webinars workshops in a group or
- Ability to determine effectiveness of education material and make
- Ability to manage, implement, drive, and track projects in a deadline driven
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise server, solution and storage
Technical professional Experience
- Operating System Administration/Support (RHEL, SUSE, VMware, MS Windows
Server, CentOS, Docker, Kubernetes) – at least 3 years of experience
- Cloud Solution Administration/Support (Cloudistics, Nutanix, Microsoft Azure
Stack, S2D, vSAN) – at least 1 year of experience (minimum 1 area)
- Enterprise Storage Administration/Support (Software-Defined, iSCSI, SAN) –
at least 5 years of experience
- Networking Administration/Support (Fibre Channel, TCP/IP, iSCSI, FCoE) – at
least 5 years of experience
- Technical Server Hardware Skills – at least 2 years of experience
- Technical Training Collateral Development – at least 2 years of experience
- Technical Writing – at least 2 years of experience
- Technical Instruction (classroom and lab) – at least 2 years of experience
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- Other languages a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis
of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.