|Job Type:||Full Time|
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting day to day account configuration and technical configuration requests from business stakeholders and customers. The role also requires the individual to serve as a subject matter expert for the development of new product offerings. The individual will also be responsible for resolving technical issues resulting from system architecture and reference data related trade breaks. In addition, the candidate will be required to leverage information technology and data analytics tools in order to develop new applications aimed at identifying potential client configurations issues automatically, in an effort to prevent possible trade breaks, margin errors, and pricing/valuation discrepancies.
- 2+ years in the financial services industry, a related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Working knowledge of the Clearing product with experience supporting one (or more) of the following products: Futures & Options, Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Derivatives, and Foreign Exchange.
- Deep understanding of the Foreign Exchange Derivatives, with a particular focus on credit risk management and the clearing model. The candidate must demonstrate a fair level of expertise in the following:
o Traiana’s credit monitoring and trade processing engines including; CreditLink, Harmony, and TRM. The candidate must have working knowledge of the intricate mapping, pricing and configuration capabilities of each of these tools.
o Trade break investigations for technical issues with respect to forex electronic communication networks (“ECN’s”).
o Portfolio risk margining of OTC foreign exchange products.
- Strong technical skills: A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is mandatory, particularly Excel. Data analytics skills and comfort working with big data is ideal. Experience with some form of coding (VBA, SQL, Python, or Java) would be a plus.
- Applicants with strong analytical skills will also be strongly considered. Experience working with data analysis and visualization tools such as R, MATLAB, Alteryx or Tableau would be ideal.
Interpersonal Skill Requirements
In addition to the above technical skills, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Candidate must have the ability to perform in a fast paced and demanding work environment. They must demonstrate the ability to deliver on aggressive timelines while demonstrating comfort in pressure situations.
- Candidate must exhibit an earnest commitment to teamwork and collaboration. The ability to work well in a team environment will be crucial to their success.
- Personal Motivation is required. The candidate must be a quick learner who is self-motivated and has the ability to work & learn independently, without sacrificing the aforementioned commitment to the team.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong emotional intelligence. They will demonstrate composure in challenging situations, leverage active listening techniques, and will manage conversations effectively.
The successful candidate will be solution oriented. They must approach issues in an objective manner, Identify root causes and takes action. They must have perspective and see issues and goals from different angles and levels.
- Sound Judgment and effective communication skills are required. Must possess excellent written and verbal skills as networking is required for effective delivery.