|Job Type:||Full Time|
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 40 per week
Salary: Basic of £45,000 - £50,000 + BenefitsAn excellent opportunity has arrived for a talented Senior Developer to join our team and become part of something special. Sofology is an innovative, fast growing, retail business with a passion for technology driving the business forward with our omni channel retail solutions.
As a Senior Developer you will be working across the full technology stack from C# backend development of the core platforms through to developing engaging front ends and internal tools. You will have significant experience in software development and use your expertise and knowledge of the industry best practices to perform various development tasks such as planning and design through to coding, app development and web development.
Based in Warrington, you will be joining a friendly, agile and highly collaborative team where you will be able to voice your opinions and share your own ideas. You will often oversee projects and may specialise in a particular area of development or coding language.
What will you be getting involved in?
- Create and maintain high quality software designed to solve business requirements.
- Oversee and mentor junior developers.
- Participate in the design phase of software projects.
- Assist the Lead developer in planning and maintaining development standards.
- Get involved in code reviews for accuracy and functionality.
- Have thorough knowledge of one or more development languages.
- Develop unit and integration tests to assist QA's with testing software projects.
What we would love to see our new colleague demonstrate..
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in high pressure environments and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must be technically savvy with a flair for creativity and innovation.
- Have a broad knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
- Extensive experience in languages such as C# and SQL.
- Practical background in development using ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework and .NET Core.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design and user interaction guidelines.
- Ability to review code for accuracy and functionality.
- Experience with SQL Server database creation and maintenance.
- Experience with developing mobile optimised websites and applications.