HR Projects Support Lead
Salary: Circa £35,000 to £45,000
Applications are welcome from those seeking flexible or part-time working.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our HR team in a new role as HR Projects Support Lead, reporting to the HR Business Partner (Corporate). Working collaboratively with the HR Service Centre and wider HR team, you will support the department’s HR Business Partners in planning, implementing and embedding HR related projects, whether driven by legislative change or HR best practice, and to improve people practices across the business. You will also be the HR representative on projects driven by the wider business and provide ad hoc HR support to the HR Business Partner (Corporate).
Day to day duties will include:
- Responsible for day to day project management of key HR projects, and representing HR on company-wide projects
- Ensuring effective communication of the project aims, objectives, processes and issues to HR and company stakeholders
- Organising and supporting meetings of the relevant Working Groups
- Preparation of guidance for managers
- Liaise with internal and external partners
- Tracking progress of HR dept. high level objectives
- Ad hoc HR support to the HR Business Partner (Corporate)
- Keeping up to date with legislative changes and HR best practice
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve positive results. As well as plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, this position offers a competitive starting salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Experience managing HR projects, incl. building project plans with timelines and milestones and identify potential risks, issues and contingencies
- Relevant experience in a generalist or advisory HR environment
- Experience dealing with organizational change would also an advantage
- Excellent IT and Excel skills
- Able to build rapport and establish good working relationships at all levels
- Pragmatic and commercial approach to achieving business objectives
- Able to organise and prioritise effectively
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter, proactive and able to work independently within the wider team
- Able to travel between business area sites
- Preferably CIPD qualified or working towards CIPD qualifications
This role could suit you if you’re keen for broad development within HR or already have relevant experience.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…